Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Mindset shift :)

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    cardofhearts

Mindset shift :)

Wed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi all :)

I’m 1 week free of gambling and so far shifting my mindset has set me up to be strong and beat the urge. I have so much belief that I can overcome this addiction. I think about the negatives of gambling and what positives I will be getting out of stopping this filthy habit.

I have deleted online accounts, suspended credit cards and when it’s pay day (like today), I have transferred bulk money into my debt. I would rather my money goto debt than gambling to help get me out of this cycle. Of course I leave myself enough money to go out and do things which is transferred into a joint account with my partner. This is so we both know it’s for entertainment purposes on weekends.

I have also kept myself accountable by sharing my story and replying to all of you wonderful people on this site. It has been a real eye opener reading people go through the same things as me, if not they’re a lot worse off than me. I’ve just realised I am finished digging a deep hole for myself and it’s time to get out.

Keep doing what y’all are doing! You are so amazing! 😀😀

- Stacey x
    5 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Mindset shift :)

Wed May 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Well Done @cardofhearts on being free form gambling for a week! Keep it up!

Great to hear your level of determination to kick the habit!
    2 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sat May 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Great work @cardofhearts
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm

How have things been going for you @cardofhearts ??
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”