Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:14 pm

How are you going since our last chat @Girl91 & @Queenslander ? :);
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi to who ever is in here back for chatty Tuesday to talk gambling . Had a pretty good week , no gambling but had a lot of temptations, a lot of online temptations, that was my last issue with gambling , online pokies. The truth came out today in a bank statement about how much is spent which was from savings and no at I'd won and put back in. Partner was less than impressed which is fair enough. Still have some strong thoughts about getting back online and gambling . Think I'll push it further and find someone to talk to face to face. Any where around northern gomd coast any one know of. Cheers
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi @Queenslander great to hear from you again :); Well done for going gamble free the past week, that's so great to hear! What have you been doing to help curb those temptations? Speaking to someone face to face sounds like a good idea also, here's some info for Qld.
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

I'm not sure really keeping myself busy doing more around the house. Biggest temptations are generally Fri or sat night, few beers everyone else in bed and it's easy just to pick up the phone and go again. I didn't which was good. I deleted online accounts and closed some bank accounts. But yeah had some big thoughts about pokies, just get the notion in my head that it'll be ok I'll win some coin, no harm done . When I am gambling I zone out almost and don't care if I loose I chase it back if I win I put it back in.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

Yes being more hands on and keeping busy helps break the habit of reaching for the phone, good job :); Deleting online accounts and closing some bank accounts is a big one, well done! I also linked some info for Qld (edited in later so you may not have seen it) see here. I guess part of it is challenging those thoughts and beliefs, what does "no harm done" really mean? What areas of your life is it impacting? What do you want to change or do differently?
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:01 pm

Number 1 are in my life that is being impacted is my relationship. I have a family we both work hard, kids etc. I'm burning both our money that we work hard for. It's at an ultimatum stage where I will be on my own if I continue down the yellow brick rd of gambling. And to break up a family because of gambling seems pretty pointless to me but hey, it's happened and this where I am. I've never been an everyday gambler. I have stages I go through but this online gambling took things to outer space in terms of gambling problem.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:02 pm

Thanks for joining tonight @Queenslander :); That's a wrap for this evening everyone. Chat again soon.
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Just saw your response @Queenslander. Family is definitely a big reason and motivator for change and it sounds like you are aware of what the outcome will be if things continue as they are. You'll go through the recovery journey at your own pace and you'll learn and make mistakes along the way and that's okay. Keep us posted with how you go over the next week, chat soon :);
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:20 pm

Thanks for the talk again , work tomorrow so off to the land of nod. Bigger and better things ahead, hopefully. Thanks again
    2 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Chatty Tuesday, we'll be live until 10pm AEST :);

For anyone new, this is where we catch up weekly for a chat and check-in with you to see how you're tracking with your gamble free goals.

What are some tips and strategies you have tried? What's working for you that you could share with others?

Perhaps this is your first time using our forum, let us know a bit about what has brought you here.
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”