Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New Year 2021

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

New Year 2021

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year! :);

I think many of us are happy to see the end of 2020. Last year brought a tremendous amount of challenges for us all with both highs and lows. I wanted to check in with you all to see how you managed over the Christmas and New Year break? Did you have time to switch off, recharge and reflect?

Did you get a chance to watch Addicted Australia on SBS? What are your thoughts?

We'd love to hear your goals for 2021 and if you set any new year resolutions. Now that we're 11 days in, how are you going with your gamble free goals?

If you have any tips or suggestions on some topics that you'd like us to cover, feel free to post below :);

0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: New Year 2021

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi @pamela @Mona58 @Kevcollingwood @JinxyWolf how are you going? :);
    1 x
    pamela

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 am

Hello.i am doing well thankyou
    Happy to be entering another year gamble free
    2 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am

Hi @pamela great to hear you're doing well :); Entering another year gamble free... AMAZING! :D
    0 x
    Damaged_Armour

Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 pm

pamela wrote:
    Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 am
    Hello.i am doing well thankyou
    Happy to be entering another year gamble free
    Feels so good when you think back to all the money you DIDNT gamble away last year...
    Treat yourself.
    1 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    pamela

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:27 pm

I agree..its a real feeling if power
    0 x
    JinxyWolf

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi,

Closing in on my 4 year Anniversary so pretty happy about that. But it is stained by the fact that we are once again being forced into Stage 4 lockdown due to breaches in Hotel Quarantine in Melbourne. I must admit I am struggling tonight as the uncertainty of what's to come weighs on me.

Thank God for small graces I guess that I am so far into my Gamble Free journey and that all my barriers and coping mechanisms are in place. I guess I may have to repurpose some of them to help me though what's to come.

I am one of the lucky ones, one of our shops is still able to open (the other has been forced to close for the 5 days of the lockdown), there are people worse off than me but I still feel unsteady and worried and stressed but also I feel guilty for wallowing when others have it so much tougher. I feel like if I wasn't so far into my gamble free journey I could easily slip back into old habits and to be brutally honest the thought of gambling has indeed been on my mind, more so now than it has been in years.

But I know that Gambling is not the answer, it will not suck me back into the abyss I fought so hard to escape.

So we fight on.

JinxyWolf
    0 x
    JB-nsw

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Feeling for you with the lock down and instability happening again @JinxyWolf. Your journey and achievement is an inspiration and I wish you all the best i hope the negative feelings pass soon for you.
    0 x
    JinxyWolf

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks @JB-nsw .

It means a lot to know that I have this forum and others like you whos support I can rely on to help get through tough times.

JinxyWolf
    1 x
    sisco

Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Hey @JinxyWolf - sorry to hear you're struggling in the latest lockdown.
    It's natural to be affected by the uncertainty and the sudden nature of the announcement... you aren't alone at all.
    I loved to hear your statement "So we fight on" - I think it captures the journey so well.
    Thanks for sharing the highs and the lows... I know others on here love to hear about it.
    Take care of yourself over the next few days of lockdown and as always, reach out when you need.
    sisco :cool:
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”