Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • ******* up

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Queenie

******* up

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am

Hi Everyone,
    So I'm new just signed up. Here it goes I've been divorced for a few years moved to a new town. I'm pretty behaved BUT that all gets blown out on School holidays my kids go to their fathers place and I find every moment I'm not working or sleeping I'm sitting at a poke machine. I've had enough I should be treating myself to a holiday or a date while I'm child free instead of sad, depressed and broke. I think if I'm honest I'm bored shitless, lacking confidence and don't know how to be alone.

Thanks for listening to me vent
    1 x
    TimTam

Re: ******* up

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 am

Hi @Queenie

Welcome to the Gambling Help Online forums!
    Have you had a chance to read through other threads? You might find connecting with others to be motivating.
    It's great you have recognised some triggers for you though, you know you are more likely to gamble when you don't have the kids and are bored.
    Have you looked into any community activities you could get involved in?

All the best,

Tim Tam
    1 x
    pamela

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi Queenie..boredom certainly plays a big part in why we gamble..Do you have friends you can do other stuff with??
    There is quite a lot of things you can do depending where you live of course..I never knew what I would do if I didn't gamble but now I don't know how I had the time to gamble..
    Try finding an interest that will keep you away from the pokies
    1 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:30 am

hi @Queenie

Maybe a way of identifying the things you would like to do, is to take note of things you wish you could do when the kids are actually with you, and what you would like to you have to time for yourself?

Take care
    dragon007
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”