Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • July Update

Announcements from the Gambling Help Online facilitation team, including monthly run-downs.
    BrittV (facilitator)

July Update

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 am

Welcome to our July update :o

It's been another great month in the community!
    Myself and the facilitation team continue to be impressed by the amazing support that goes on.

New contributors -
    A warm welcome to this month's new contributors! Well done on taking the steps of coming here and sharing your journey with us, and we hope you find this to be a welcoming, safe and helpful place.
    _newguy_, Ng Hoi Kit, Davo123, Sharkies2112, pokeoff, PGambles, Mongoose, Sadmum, DesperateWife, User 5b394a4b6e39c, Shinagawahagi, Nalin123

Congrats pamela -
    Huge congratulations to pamela who has reached 3 years gamble free!
    Big thank you to you for continuing to come here to share your knowledge, support and experience with others. Your determination continues to be an inspiration to us all.
    You can see pamela's journey from day 1 in her Can I see the light thread.

Hot topics -
    It was great to read about things you've been able to do with your extra time and money in your gamble-free life! This month this has included
    • Go on holidays
    • Buy new clothes
    • Sleep well, without stress
    • Mental space to concentrate on other projects & work
    • Time with family/children
    It's also awesome to see new goals being set after achieving earlier ones.
    It's understandable to experience some anxiety in the lead up to reaching goals such as the 100 day challenge. As touched on in the About the 100 day challenge post, it's a great idea to congratulate yourself on your achievement, reflect on what worked for you, and set your next goal.
    Cazza has been a perfect example of this in her 100 days and repeat thread, - she has set herself the goal of another hundred days, and to include focusing on healthy eating during this time too.

Quotes -

• "Don't be filled with guilt or self loathing, because the past is cemented. But your present and future is malleable. You can change your future." - JC
    • "I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday, and I love today!" - cazza
    • "Turn your face towards the sun, and let the shadows fall behind you. No turning back." - chilaxis
    • "Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself" - JC
    • "The urge is like a cat, if you feed the cat the cat will keep coming back. If you stop feeding the cat, eventually it will stop coming back." - flipper

Take care and thank you for being part of our community!

BrittV & the team :)
    0 x
    pamela

Re: July Update

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks for the updates..its a nice way to show your support and thankyou for your kind words
    0 x
    Mona58

Re: July Update

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 pm

l can't see any thing here...??
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius

Return to “From the Team”