Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Gambling ruined my life!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    HarryVic

Gambling ruined my life!

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:06 am

Hi everyone!
    Before I started gambling I was energetic and driven person I had goals and plans for my life but gambling taken away everything from me!
    These days I have no energy, no appetite, no goals in another word I am like a patient who is in coma!
    We all know that gambling is harmful and causing heaps of problems but we need to realise that it’s not just about money! There are people out there who think gambling is just about losing or winning money but the fact is that you don’t just lose your money!
    Gambling will destroy everything in your life!
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: Gambling ruined my life!

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi @HarryVic welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. You are absolutely right, the loss is often so much more than just money as it can impact many areas of our lives. I'm wondering if you currently have any supports in place whether it be at home or perhaps have spoken to a Counsellor?
    1 x
    HarryVic

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:24 pm

@Hello3 [facilitator] I do talk to a Counsellor for a while and she is wonderful.
    I have lost 8 kilos, my sleep is not good, I am always angry and impatient and I have nothing to proud of!
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi @HarryVic
    I really admire your strength to open up here on the forums! Recognizing the gambling problem is always a massive step towards change. It gives you a chance to figure out what type of goals you would like to eventually establish for yourself.
    What type of urges do you experience to gamble?
    1 x
    HarryVic

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:48 pm

@Calvin (facilitator) I know that I have gambling problems and never tried to hide it!
    Whenever I gambled my intention was to have a bit of fun!!
    It’s not fun or entertainment at all!
    During the lockdown in Melbourne I managed to save up 20k and now I have none of it plus a few thousands debts!
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:31 pm

Sometimes its really difficult to cope with a setback in relation to gambling.
    Are you still getting regular support with your counsellor?
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”