Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Broke,broken and alone

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    JinxyWolf

Re: Broke,broken and alone

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi Bailey,

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to open up, it's a big step. I know you aren't feeling it yet but things will get better. It does take time for the fog to lift so what you are feeling is temporary.

Like all of us on this journey you will have ups and downs but just know that the end result is well worth riding those ups and downs. There is light at the end of this tunnel and you will get there. Just remember that when things get rough let those around you know what you are feeling. Let their support and love give you the strength you need to get though those tough times. You are stronger than you think, you can do this.

Keep up the good work and stay strong.

JinxyWolf
    2 x
    Chunkyquitter

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:57 am

Gee your brave. Your family must be really supportive
    0 x
    Sjhbailey

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:33 am

I having a bad day just checked every login for everybody site to see if ones still open so I can get some bets on for this weekend's fights but have decided it's not worth it and know my login works on this site so decided to drop in here instead and have noticed some kind replies to my previous post thankyou feeling much better now and am glad I deactivated my betting accounts speaking with my bank later in regards to a gambling ban on my accounts I don't want to but it will take away an option I don't need my family has been good my father especially my wife has been good but not sure she fully understands yet
    4 x
    pamela

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Give your wife time to absorb it all..well done on being strong.Good to hear your father is on board..talk to him often and use his help...you can do this is
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:24 am

It's so great to hear that that passed for you and that you're putting some more barriers in place with the bank.

Today's a new day. I hope it's a great one for you, knowing you were able to get through yesterday! Well done and keep it up!
    2 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:34 am

hi @Sjhbailey

Well done on not placing the bets.

You could try the following software to create another barrier to help you to stop gambling:

Gamblock software
    This is a link to licensed software that blocks access to online gambling; software for Windows, Apple iphones and ipad, android and Samsung devices. http://www.gamblock.com/index.html

Betfilter software
    This is a link to licensed software that blocks gambling sites and applications; software for Mac, Windows, Android phones and tablets and Apple iphones and ipads.
    https://www.betfilter.com/

Gamban software
    This is a link to licensed software that blocks access to online gambling; software for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac OS X
    https://gamban.com/

I hope this helps.

Take care
    dragon007
    1 x
    Sjhbailey

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Thankyou for the links to the software I think that is a great idea will look into it
    2 x
    Sjhbailey

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Feeling good really good early days watched some fights over the weekend no betting feels good to break even knowing if I don't bet I can't loose and still enjoyed myself maybe just maybe I am starting to get my first grip on beating this destructive past time
    1 x
    PurpleP

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:22 am

@Sjhbailey That is great to hear, its nice to celebrate each step because no matter how small it isn't easy but it is getting you closer to where you want to be.

Keep pushing forward, and I look forward to hearing more of your journey.

PurpleP
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:35 am

Well done it is a step in the right direction..enjoy the freedom
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”