Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • What a difference a day can make

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Nomorechances

What a difference a day can make

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm

The last few years and particularly the last two weeks have been the worst time of my life. I have had a gambling problem for most of my adult life and it has escalated so badly in the last few years that I nearly took my life a couple of weeks back. Since hitting that low, I have had the most challenging conversations and guilt ridden confessions that I could imagine. I have opened up to my wife, my mates and today I reached out to the online service.

I spent an hour asking questions and getting some sounding out of my issues and then they referred me to Wesley Mission(I had no idea where to go). I called them straight after the online session and broke down to the Consultant and couldn't really talk clearly. He just saw me at 1pm and I spend two hours talking through everything and I must say that I no longer feel completely alone. There is a reason for this and I have a bloody long journey to go, but hey I am alive and ready to fight. I have had counselling briefly before but a trained gambling counselor is priceless.

I just want to thank the team and Wesley Mission for helping me so quickly. I think I am going to make it. What champions!
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”