Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • You'd never pick it if you seen me

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Printemps

Re: You'd never pick it if you seen me

Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:54 am

heya @sparkling I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like you're back where you started. It can feel so frustrating feeling like you've been knocked right back to the start. I really want to emphasise that you're back and you're still trying and that is the most important thing, having that determination and strength to keep going will help you in the long run!

Relapses are hard, but they can be good learning experiences. Have you given yourself some time to think about what's been going on for you and what pulled you back into gambling? Knowing what has triggered a lapse or relapse can really help you plan how to avoid that same situation in future.

Let us know how you're travelling this weekend, remember, we're here for you
    0 x
    Andy

Re: You'd never pick it if you seen me

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:01 am

Gday @sparkling unfortunately there’s people who can be responsible gamblers and there’s people like me. Who knows within himself, he just can’t do it responsibly. I have a history to back up this truth. While the high of feeling and chance has taken a back seat for 40 days. I’ve turned to positive addictions like @Printemps says it’s a learning experience. Let it hurt, let it hurt so badly that you ensure and remind yourself every time you think about gambling that you don’t want to feel like this ever again.

It’s a life long battle. We all want to be winners right. Win this battle 💪
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”