Tired and fed up

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Tired and fed up

Postby Dockers6 (facilitator) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Amazing effort, 82 days. Inspiring,

Dockers6.
Dockers6 (facilitator)

Postby Pamby » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 am

Great job..feel proud of what you have achieved
Pamby

Postby JinxyWolf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:46 pm

GiveUpForGood,

You should feel proud, 82 days is a great achievement.

Keep up the good work

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Giveupforgood » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi guys thought i had better check in as its been a while. 82 days without a punt on the horses/dogs! 18 days to go and i will finally crack that 100 mark! I have played the pokies once since last time i was on here but once again set amount no getting carried away ect ect. If i get through these last 18 days it will give me a great sense of acheivement and pride!
Life is so much different to when i started at day 1. I actually have money and furthermore i actually value and appreciate that money! I actually feel whilst i know im not cured and i will end up having a few bets over the spring carnival i dont think i could simply throw away as much cash as i did before. False sense of security? Perhaps time will tell. I feel much more aware and in control than ever before. If it all comes crashing down at anytime i think i will be smart enough to get back on the 100 day challenge and start back over before things get out of hand again. Nevertheless i feel amazing and proud of what ive acheived to date.
Giveupforgood

Postby Giveupforgood » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks guys...i suppose thats what the exclusions are for. I just felt so bad after doing so well that i had made the desicion to have a bet and wouldve went through with it given the chance....anyway put that behind me now.
I had another challenge yesterday.....finished work early due to the rain yesterday and went to my favourite food shop which just happens to be next to the tab i went to alot. On any other given day i would have some bets while waiting on my food and often spend the arvo there. Pleased to say i didnt feel tempted at all.....its amazing the difference a day makes!
Giveupforgood

Postby Oregon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi Giveupforgood

Congrats on making the time and effort to exclude yourself, it has paid off!
I still have bad urges and even dreams about gambling, but I also have strategies in place that prevent me from being able to.
I might have to have those in place forever but it is so much better than the alternative!

-Oregon
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby Mona58 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:04 am

It s' a good thing that self-exclusion worked! You mean you could have lost control... it didn't happen! You have experienced and got through a very strong urge... that is a real learning curve. l had experienced one a few weeks ago (at 296 GF days.') and this proved that we need to always be aware of triggers...

Well done on 56 days... Keep going strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Giveupforgood » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Man am i cranky with myself today!! Home alone last night few quiet drinks and i felt like a bet. I lost all control and perspective. The only thing that saved me was ive had accounts with every bookmaker in aus and in turn have self excluded myself from them all....so despite trying to reopen them i was unable to. So im still ontrack but if just one of those bookies let me bet with them it woulda been all over. Anyway the positive is im day 56 without a racing bet however its more the fact that i lost control so easily again.
Giveupforgood

Postby Cazza » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:08 am

Well done on your 50 days and for staying off the pokies as well. Keep going strong 😊
Cazza

Postby Giveupforgood » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Just ticked over to day 50 without a bet on the dogs/horses. I feel amazing lol. I dont know why i keep going back to it! Havent played the pokies since my last post either which is good. I actually read through my whole story on here the ither night and realised i actually went 72 days without a bet so a few weeks still till i can set a new PB. I will just keep plugging away.
Giveupforgood

Next

Return to The Courtyard