Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Share an inspiring or motivating quote

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Damaged_Armour

Re: Share an inspiring or motivating quote

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Lovely Cat Lady wrote:
    Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:34 am
    "There's No such thing as 'Just Once'

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on." @Damaged_Armour
    Just a couple that ring true to me @lovley cat lady
    1 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:34 pm

I love it @Damaged_Armour! It's so true and powerful, conveys so much. It deserved to be immortalised in this quotes topic. :D
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello everyone,

It's time for some little quotes inspiration/motivation for the week.
    “Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall.”- Oliver Goldsmith

How does this quote relate to your journey?
    @Anita44
    @Menz199 @KAG @Panta @yep123 @Hollymonster @ervgorh @Jimap @RMac @Antz1010 @Damaged_Armour @ryan1019 @Kevcollingwood @Surrysydney

For me, this quote is not about aiming to be a perfect human, but rather finding the areas of opportunity to improve myself in every mistake I make. :D
    3 x
    Damaged_Armour

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:53 am

Lovely Cat Lady wrote:
    Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 pm
    Hello everyone,

It's time for some little quotes inspiration/motivation for the week.
    “Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall.”- Oliver Goldsmith

How does this quote relate to your journey?
    @Anita44
    @Menz199 @KAG @Panta @yep123 @Hollymonster @ervgorh @Jimap @RMac @Antz1010 @Damaged_Armour @ryan1019 @Kevcollingwood @Surrysydney

For me, this quote is not about aiming to be a perfect human, but rather finding the areas of opportunity to improve myself in every mistake I make. :D
    I'm pretty good at rising up...and falling down ;); :p
    Hence the name damaged armour. Been fighting this a long time.
    Like giving up smoking, every time I tried, I got a little bit smarter, until on the tenth try I gave up and didn't go back...
    2 x

KAG

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:22 am

So true it feels bad when you fall but you must always learn from it ! I like the boxing gloves it is truely a fight and I am in the ring
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:07 pm

"One day you will tell your story of how you've overcome what your going through and it will become part of someone else's survival guide." (author unknown, shared by @Menz199)
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Hi all,

Hope you're all having a Sunday funday. It's time to share an inspiring or motivating quote, so thought this week we could reflect a little on making mistakes.
    “Remember that life's greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.”

What do you guys think about this quote? Yay or nay? What sort of mistakes have taught you some of the most important lessons in your life? How have mistakes been part of your journey? Would love to hear your thoughts on this quote and if this has been true or not for you @Damaged_Armour @pamela @JinxyWolf @Jimap @spentitallagain @Menz199 @Anita44 @KAG @yep123 @Hollymonster @ryan1019 @Kevcollingwood @Panta
    2 x
    Damaged_Armour

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Lovely Cat Lady wrote:
    Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:05 pm
    Hi all,

Hope you're all having a Sunday funday. It's time to share an inspiring or motivating quote, so thought this week we could reflect a little on making mistakes.
    “Remember that life's greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.”

What do you guys think about this quote? Yay or nay? What sort of mistakes have taught you some of the most important lessons in your life? How have mistakes been part of your journey? Would love to hear your thoughts on this quote and if this has been true or not for you @Damaged_Armour @pamela @JinxyWolf @Jimap @spentitallagain @Menz199 @Anita44 @KAG @yep123 @Hollymonster @ryan1019 @Kevcollingwood @Panta
    A definite yay...hardship builds character and strength. Just like we would lift weights to build muscles, if you carry a load in life it strengthens you.
    And also, I believe if you've been through hard times, the little things tend not to worry you as much. But different folks different strokes, so it might not be true for everyone.
    1 x

Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello everyone,

It's time for one of my favourite weekly activities. On this occasion, though we could reflect a bit on "honesty". Whether that be being honest with yourself, your friends or family....

"Honesty is often very hard. The truth is often painful. But the freedom it can bring is worth the trying" - Fred Rogers

Can any of you relate to this quote? Has this happened to you during your journey? Are you still struggling to be honest with yourself, friends, family or partners....

Would love to hear your thoughts @Paris196563* @Anita44 @Jimap @Menz199 @Squeaky @Damaged_Armour @Hollymonster @pylotar @spentitallagain @Panda21 @Gooldyfish76
    :);
    1 x
    Damaged_Armour

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Dosnt matter how bad I stuff up, if I tell my missus the truth right away she dosnt crucify me, it's actually quite weird because by telling the truth, it allows you to grow as a human, regardless of the reaction.
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”