Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Say thanks! - a place to recognise forum support

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    BrittV (facilitator)

Say thanks! - a place to recognise forum support

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 pm

Is there someone you'd like to recognise for being a great support?
    This Saturday is World Gratitude Day. What better a time to show our gratitude for one another, for the unique support we have here. Our community is all about friendship - connecting and supporting one another in taking control of gambling. So much amazing support goes on all the time, it's nice to take a moment to say thanks. It may be that someone gave you some great advice, or the encouragement you really needed.

Who would you like to thank today?
    2 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    pamela

Re: Say thanks! - a place to recognise forum support

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:07 am

I want to thank my oldest son for all the support advice and understanding he has given me
    3 x
    Mona58

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

As l head towards two years gamble free ..

l would lIke to thank all those who supported and guided -me through the earIiest stages of my journey in gambling recovery. DFP, Springhope, Jeddy, Jinky wolf, and you too Pamela.

Capital THANK YOU to all the people who post and the faciliators of GHO for helping me maintain this gamble free life !

Mona
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    clearthatmind

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:39 pm

I hate to sound like a knob but I believe I'm one of those that continually give thanks anyway. Gratitude really does ground us and gives us peace. Amen to all
    1 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    clearthatmind

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:46 pm

By the way, I thank the admin staff for setting this site up and everything that goes with it; the support and tools are pretty damn good for free, and you know what? The best things in life are free!! Think about it, where would we be without our magnificent brains, our bodies, our spirit, the air we breathe, our mobility, our magnificent senses ( all attributed to the brain) water, the association with families and friends ( if we are fortunate to have them). All free!!!
    2 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    BrittV (facilitator)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 pm

@pamela it's so great to hear that your son has been able to give you that understanding, how awesome! Happy to hear that for you :)

@Mona58 what a great post! I might tag those members in hopes they'll see it! @JinxyWolf, @DFP, @Springhope, @Jedi(hoping this is the one? can't find jeddy and I believe that's before my time!)

Mona & @clearthatmind that's lovely of you both, I'll be sure to circulate to the team about your appreciation - it's our pleasure but we certainly weren't fishing for compliments for us!

Clearthatmind I absolutely agree - it's great to continually give thanks. Sometimes it's nice to be able to give a big shout out though.
    3 x
    Mona58

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:14 pm

my mistake .-it was jeddi
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Mongoose

Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks to all the facilitators that have helped me thru along the way and thank you to Pamela and Mona who are always a great support along with everyone else who writes a comment , sometimes that’s all you need to help you push thru the bad times and thanks to my gambling counsellor who has been a blessing !!!
    Mongoose
    5 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Lovely forum-er's I'm a little late on this one unfortunately but yesterday was World Kindness Day and I wanted to recognise all the kindness shared in our community here.. people supporting one another each and everyday to bring a little more light into each other's lives. Truely a special thing!

PS I found this photo on https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/ and found its tips for kindness too beautiful!
    2 x

Return to “Community Space”