Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Starting all over again! Day 1

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    spentitallagain

Re: Starting all over again! Day 1

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:17 pm

Day 84 today. Happy with the progress, like one of the posters said in another thread @StopPunt theres always that urge that going down the pub and having a few beers and bets would be amazing but I think we all know that even just one bet would more than likely put me into a deep spiral that make take months and even years to resurrect from. Not to mention that debt that racks up in that time!
    3 x
    spentitallagain

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:46 pm

Day 89 today guys!! Feeling fantastic. Went and watched the new top gun today!! What a fantastic movie. Another day down. Life is much much better without gambling!!
    0 x
    spentitallagain

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:45 pm

Day 91 down today.

Keep chipping away one day at a time!
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:51 pm

Day 92

One more day closer to the 100.

Feeling pretty happy with my progress!
    1 x
    Pikachu

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 am

That's so great to hear~~ @spentitallagain
    92 days, how amazing!
    Looking back to your journey, there were some difficult times, but you've managed to overcome all those and reach where you are now, well done!!
    0 x
    spentitallagain

Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm

95 days down!

Sick as a dog today so can’t work but there’s still a high temptation (insanity-I know) to head down to the pub and put on a few bets - as I’ve done in the past with no work but I’m going to stay strong. Happy to be at this point, not taking anything for granted. Cheers for all the support so far guys nearly there at the elusive 100 day mark
    2 x
    Printemps

Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:18 pm

Ahh @spentitallagain I hope you feel better soon, it's always awful being laid low by illness!

Stay strong, you've got this far, give yourself this time while your unwell to reflect on the amazing work you've done and how afr you've come!

day 100 is just around the corner!
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:03 pm

Printemps wrote:
    Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:24 pm
    @spentitallagain it can be hard to move past our past actions! Remember to be kind to yourself, and also keep in mind that while it is painful to sit with our past actions or behaviours, it can be important to help us recognise what we have to change and accept what we cannot undo.
    Also just wanted to bump this quote, felt a bit of shame today. And lent on this one.

I’m a man early in his 30’s who has fallen a bit behind some of my peers in terms of buying houses and getting married etc. also lost my license for two years approximately a year ago and kind of feel like a bit of a let down at times…

We can’t change where we at and have to accept it for what is.

Relationship is solid with my partner at the moment and she has been patient with me and so so supportive.

Debt is lower, savings are growing, have holidays to look forward to over the next few months but sometimes you have to move on and accept where you are at. Thanks @Printemps for the simple but powerful message.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:03 am

@spentitallagain I'm so glad that those words have resonated with you. As you've highlighted, it's a really hard thing to sit with our past actions/things that we are ashamed of, but once we accept them we can move forward as stronger people!

It's really hard seeing other people your same age be in different stages of their lives but it also sounds like you've got some really good things going for you. Your gf sounds like she's being wonderful, and look at how far you've come with this challenge! What you're doing here shows so much strength and drive, and is really something to be proud of! A holiday and lower debt are also great motivtors! Where are you planning on heading off to?
    0 x
    spentitallagain

Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:48 am

Today marks Day 102!!

It’s a great accomplishment considering the struggles I’ve been through. Wouldn’t have been able to do it without this forum and the little bit of empowerment I gain from making a post.

I feel small urges at times but I’m able to rationalise my thinking a lot better now.
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”