Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Getting Serious

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Rm89

Getting Serious

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi

I have been reading the forums for a while but never really committed to making a change. I thought it was a good idea and knew I should but I kept ignoring the problem.

This weekend hasn’t been good , very bad in fact. It is time. I’m going to start the challenge. Day 1 tomorrow and a fresh start.

Feels a bit strange posting this to fresh air and nobody in particular, but thanks to anyone who reads.
    3 x
    Bink

Re: Getting Serious

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:31 pm

:); hi there I’m getting serious to I will be day one tomorrow as well let’s check o. Each other and see how the determination and strength we can muster from each other
    4 x
    Rm89

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 pm

For sure!
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:20 pm

Rm89 wrote:
    Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:26 pm
    Hi

I have been reading the forums for a while but never really committed to making a change. I thought it was a good idea and knew I should but I kept ignoring the problem.

This weekend hasn’t been good , very bad in fact. It is time. I’m going to start the challenge. Day 1 tomorrow and a fresh start.

Feels a bit strange posting this to fresh air and nobody in particular, but thanks to anyone who reads.
    Hi @Rm89!
    I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. This is definitely a process and it takes each person their own time.
    Well done for deciding to take on the 100 Day Challenge! It's will help you to keep track on our progress, focus on a quantifiable goal and reflect a long the way strategies and triggers. It's definitely been a great tool for many people. :);
    I would highly recommend going through the Making a Change section of our blog too. There's plenty of helpful resources such as Change strategies and self-exclusion.
    Keep us posted on how you're going. You're not alone, we're here to support you. :);
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:23 pm

Bink wrote:
    Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:31 pm
    :); hi there I’m getting serious to I will be day one tomorrow as well let’s check o. Each other and see how the determination and strength we can muster from each other
    Hi @Bink,
    This is such a wonderful idea, it's great to see you supporting each other! They say "a problem shared is a problem halved", and that's what the forums are all about: peer support. :D :D
    Let us know if you have any questions. :);
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”