Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Day 62 hi printemps and hi everyone

It's Friday love it, cos I know tomorrow will be my day off.
    Yes since I stop gamble my bill will paid beginning of the month, instead of nearly due date, my house grocery will be full until couldn't fit anymore, which have not happen like that when I'm gamble.
    The rest of the money I would put into join account with my partner and kids saving, I only keep little bit of saving for myself to spend, which I am very happy with that, cos I feel like when I don't have money in me, I don't have the urge at all.
    If that work for me, so I make myself poor.
    But I am rich in heart .
    3 x
    Anita44

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:35 am

Day 63 hi everyone

My day off yay, I was sleep early last night and was up early today. Will do some painting today at home, try to get it done last Saturday but it's been rain last sat so do it today, should be nice n Sunday.
    Not sure if it sound strange or not, but everyday I wake up I always excited log online forum here to let everyone know it's another day I am gamble free and I am proud of it.
    So far I have achieved to get my life back from where I was before, the rest will take time.
    Better change now than leave it too late.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Day 64
    Hi everyone
    I though yesterday I'm gonna do some painting at home, turn out I went shopping with all the girl instead. It's was too windy to paint outside anyway.
    I was beautiful day to go shopping, I come home with alots of goodies for my partner n kids.
    Than at night time my partner decide go out for dinner, he let the kids pick where we gonna eat. Kids pick the club, I was like ok, other side of me I was thinking they got pokies their and I don't want to be near those machine.
    But on the hand I was thinking I will have to face it sometime.
    We got their sit down, order food, bought the drink than back to the table we talk, when food come out we eat after we go home, when I got home after getting change than I realised that I don't even have any urge to gamble while I was in the club.
    The feeling was very proud of myself, able to walk straight out of the club after dinner with the urge to play pokies was amazing.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi @Anita44,

How are you?

I love this "...I am rich in heart." :D

It's so great to hear your enthusiasm regarding the forums (and we also really enjoy having you here). :o But above all, it's great that they have been useful and that you can come here and share with the community your achievements. :D

Wow, good on you! Well, it was almost inevitably there was going to be a moment in which something like this happened. But how awesome that you were self-aware of it being potentially triggering before hand and that even being there, you had no urges. Fantastic! I'm really glad you're feeling proud of yourself, you've worked for it.

Hope the weather is getting better over there. Congratulations for reaching Day 64! :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:37 pm

Hi lovely cat lady I am great thank you so much for asking.

How are you been?

The weather not too bad here, nice day but a bit windy.
    My partner 3 weeks off work, start tomorrow he be painting kitchen lounge and hall way and stairs, a lots of prep have to do. I might extra day here n their to help him. But I don't really like doing thing like that. But he said it's your house too you know lol.
    0 x
    Anita44

Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:05 am

Day 65 yay
    Hi everyone
    Another new day another $1 I will make today lol.
    I have to say I am happy inside and outside, which I haven't had that feeling for such a long time.
    I try to remember my old me, I use to shopping at department store mostly, until I start gamble than my shopping standard was drop I start buy all the cheap cloth to wear, cos I can't afford any nice thing for myself, even those I earn good money for myself,until I realise it's pokies just over take my life.
    I am just getting sick of that life I have, always worries when my next bill I have to paid by due date etc.
    Now one for all, after over 2 month gamble free, I start pay all my bill beginning of the month, and I been going out shopping with my girlfriend many time and I am still able to paid my bill, that prove to me , it's doesn't matter how much I win from gamble, I still never catching up with what I have been lost in the past.
    Their many time I try to quit but I always end up going back.
    This time with the support from this forum and the especially two wonderful person lovely cat lady and printemps your encouragement and compliments make me feel I am not alone in the journey.
    Once again thank you so so much.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:44 am

Hi @Anita44,

Sounds like you're very aware of all the negative consequences pokies had in your life and the contrast of all the positive consequences you've experienced throughout these two months gamble free. :); And seems like the positives outweigh the negatives. ;); I'm really glad taking the challenge and in general the forums have been helpful for you in quitting. And as always, you're most welcome. :o :o

Day 65, super yay!!!
    1 x
    Menz199

Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Go @Anita44 :D

Way to go on managing to go out to club but not even being tempted to gamble at all. That’s a top effort :D

Hope your weekend was good. Glad to hear that your happy both inside and outside.

Hope your week is looking good.
    0 x
    Anita44

Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi menz199
    Thank you for your support and compliments too.
    Next 3 week I'm just working take kids to school working and help out my partner very minimal on painting house, I think he be do all the work, but I promise him once his finish all that , I will buy him a big TV for our lounge he said at less 75 inch, I was thinking 80 inch haha.
    So I start save money for that now.
    No more girl shopping for a while now 😪
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Day 66 hi lovely cat lady & printemps & hi everyone

It's a wonderful day here sunny and no wind for change.
    Got home last night my lounge doesn't look like my house at all, my partner start renovating our house yesterday, i think tonight will expected a lots of dust everywhere. His such a wonderful men.
    This morning before work pop in tk Maxx walk out with a Moschino leather handbag so beautiful and they on special so not bad price at all.
    Happy day for me xoxo
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”