Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Secret Squirrel

Day 1

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:21 pm

After many excuses and stupid reasons that I tell myself 'I deserve' to gamble.
    "A stressful day at work".... "I might win this time" .... "I get paid in a few days, it will be fine".... the excuses go on and on.
    The time has come. It is my 50th year on this earth and things need to change for my own sanity. The mind can go to dark and desperate places that are hard to return from but where there is a light there is hope. I can do this.....
    3 x
    JB-nsw

Re: Day 1

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:33 pm

Adding this forum to your routine is a good start! I look forward to reading your progress - stay strong, you can do this.
    2 x
    Squeaky

Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:24 am

You can do it .. one small step towards change.
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 am

Well done @Secret Squirrel
    Admitting to the gambling issue is always a first step, the second is putting in an action plan to help prepare you for the urges and obstacles along the way!
    We are all happy to be with you on this Journey!

Have a think about the urges you experience and what you can say/do to help fight them off
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”