Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anon222

My 100 day challenge

Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:29 pm

I guess my story is the same as everyone else's. Only a week ago I lost 1400 trying to punt on sports and told myself I'd never gamble again because of the extreme shame I felt after losing. Only to lose 2000 yesterday afternoon on the pokies while on the way home from work..

No matter how hard I try or how long I stay away I always relapse and it honestly seems hopeless as if I'll never be able to kick this addiction. So I'm hoping by taking this challenge and checking in here daily it will help me remind myself how bad this really is as it is so easy to forget all the bad times when you're craving a quick trip to the pub for a play.

Here's to 100 days
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: My 100 day challenge

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi @Anon222
    Thankyou for sharing!
    It can be a difficult habit to break especially in the beginning stages. I would encourage you to have a read of the different forum posts to get a feel of other peoples experiences also.
    You might find what worked for some people helpful to incorporate into your journey towards stopping gambling.
    Practice kindness and patience with yourself, it can feel like a rocky road up ahead and challenging, but like any habit, it takes some time, work and readjusting.
    Check in here whenever you like. Members on the forums are quite helpful and encouraging :)
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”