Day one...once again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Day one...once again

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 am

Welcome back Needhelp589 and well done for taking these great steps.
I'm the new Community Manager on the forums. I'm so glad to see you getting so much support on here.

Keep up the posting, we're all here to support you!
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby Needhelp589 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Day 5 and no gambling activity :)
Needhelp589

Postby Needhelp589 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Thanks for all the support, it helps.

Today is day 4, I've been busy to check in the past couple of days, busy is good becauseit keeps yor mind away from betting. I've been pretty good so far for 4 days. NO gambling. TOday is pay day and the next week willreally be what makes or breaks me i beleive. Espcially saturday.

To answer a couple of questions.
Yes my family has known that i have a problem in the past, i havent told them about the relapse because i just cant bear it. I'm in a postion where i can start to save and i'm going to do it. I want that self control back because i dont mind a bet, when im betting what i can lose, and im not losing all my money. I want those days back. I enjoy horse racing, i even have a share in a horse. I just dont want to be spending allmy money on gambling.

Ill check back in when i can, and hopefully have more good news and funds still in my bank.

As for paypal, removedmt bank account because you cant deposit with a visa card if you don't have the funds, also once I pay back what I owe im getting rid of paypal, I only use it to deposit andnot having it will be good.
Needhelp589

Postby Jc » Mon May 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Ah yes the paypal debt. Ive been there too many times. Its a bit ridiculous that paypal even allows us to get into debt with them, especially in those really dark moments when youre chasing losses. The fact that you can keep depositing into betting accounts even with $0 in my bank account is absurd

Its good that you recognise your problem. And yes, the longer you dont gamble for, the more precarious the position becomes. You start saving more, and all it takes is one relapse and youre back to square one. I’ve been there so many times and those relapses have been even more devastating than any other losses. Try and safeguard yourself, put money on term deposits if you can, that way you can stop accessing cash. Does anyone around you know? If you have close family maybe that know maybe they can help?

And yes, try and post everyday, or even if you cant be bothered checking in daily, at least browse the forum and read other peoples updates, maybe you can get a little inspiration/motivation from others.

All the best.
Jc

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 am

Hi Needhelp589 Welcome back!! You will find heaps of support here. Many people are posting and doing really really well!!

That was my problem too, as soon as I had a little money saved, my urges would get stronger, and the little voice says "C'mon a few dollars will be OK!!" and then the usual thing happens....can't stop! Relapses were for a short period but devastating on finances and relationships (again)......back to square one, with credit cards maxed out and bills behind, 4 week of gambling equals 12 months of pain paying back debt and getting back on top in other areas of life. Once my savings build up, I am giving most of it to my Aunty to look after.

Stay positive!! we have all been there and understand! You can beat it!!

Sincerely
Jo
Jo-Anne

Postby suz-free » Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi dear friend, don't be too hard on yourself, I totally understand as I also have failed to stay away from pokies more than a few times. It is a challenging addiction but with determination and support here, it can be beaten. I'm still struggling myself but I just keep trying and when you come here as many times as you can, its a very good step.
Suzy :)
suz-free

Postby Cazza » Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Wishing you strength on the start of your journey. Keep posting and have a great GF weekend 😊
Cazza

Day one...once again

Postby Needhelp589 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

So I've been here before saying I wont gamble or my money away, I believe twice atleast and I've failed each time. Here I am back for my third attempt. I recently screwed up and gambled pretty much everything away, however in the past couple od days ive managed to set things straight and once I pay off a 1600 paypal debt which was made with gambling, ill be set up to save some money for the next 6 months.

My worry is gambling it all away, and that's why im here. Tonight I did 100 dollars and I want it to be my last.
I hate losing and its making me hate racing, but I seem to fall back into it whenever I have money. I need to regain that self control I once had.
I recently went 3 or 4 weeks really good, then hit a bump and dropped 3700 dollars,1700 I didn't even have.

So here I am, wish me luck. I hope to come on everyday and try and post an update instead of falling back into the bad habits like usual.
Needhelp589

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge