Day 3 of my first 100

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Day 3 of my first 100

Postby How the F did I get here » Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Good on you for 15 days! Yes you lapsed repeatedly, but great you keep starting again!
The meetings are great.
How the F did I get here

Update

Postby little_fish » Mon May 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Lapsed repeatedly. Now regularly attending GA meetings. Day 15.
little_fish

Postby Oregon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 am

Hope the lawn looks great now!

I love maintaining my lawn. Keeps you busy, it's productive and there is a great sense of accomplishment when you're done.
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby Mona58 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:18 pm

They are just thoughts... don't give in to them. Channel your thoughts elsewhere... to Not gambling. Be mindful of what your doing and know why its happening . Eventually it will ease.

stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby little_fish » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Stuck to my plan to hang out with my parents. Lots of thoughts about gambling throughout the day.
little_fish

Postby little_fish » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Mona58 wrote:Well done lil-fish !

Get ready for the urges!... stay strong!

I remember feeling all over the shop for awhile. Didn't know what to do with myself. Kept busy cleaning, cooking, garden reading. Often not able to concentrate on one thing for long. Was really anxious. .but it passes' I feel more relaxed now and don't think of pokies except for when I come in here. In fact I don't even go pass them anymore. l haven't had to but now I wonder If I used to go Shopping that way more to go to the pokies than to actually shop,

Mona

Thanks, Mona. I've got 5 days off starting tomorrow. Days off = danger time. I'm anticipating many thought bubbles containing the words, "I might just pop down to the club..." and while I've put certain obstacles between me and actual cash, I know I could just pinch my husband's key card and use that to get some. I've made various plans with family and friends for days 1-4. Back in January I bought a new 4-stroke whipper snipper which I've never even started & so I'm planning to have a go at the jungle that is my back yard & the other jungle that is Mum's back yard. Plenty of stuff I've neglected to do around my house & plenty of stuff my elderly parents need help with, too.
little_fish

Postby Mona58 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Well done lil-fish !

Get ready for the urges!... stay strong!

I remember feeling all over the shop for awhile. Didn't know what to do with myself. Kept busy cleaning, cooking, garden reading. Often not able to concentrate on one thing for long. Was really anxious. .but it passes' I feel more relaxed now and don't think of pokies except for when I come in here. In fact I don't even go pass them anymore. l haven't had to but now I wonder If I used to go Shopping that way more to go to the pokies than to actually shop,

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Day 3 of my first 100

Postby little_fish » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Day 3 of my first 100 days. Got paid on Wednesday & so far so good. Had to pay an unexpected mechanic's bill of $800. Felt empowered spending my money on something real & useful. Received word from my bank that they've (finally) processed my request to drop my mortgage limit from 340k to 163k, so I'll no longer be able to burn through money that isn't mine. Hooray. Now I'm truly limited to Apple Pay, PayPal & BPay transactions. That feels so comforting. I know that I could dismantle this little financial fortress any time, but at least it would take days to do it. I've deactivated my online betting accounts. Probably sounds extreme, but I even withdrew from the work footy tipping comp. Meanwhile, I'm committing to following Oregon's suggestion of as many GA meetings as possible in this first 100-day block. The next one I can attend is on Sunday.
little_fish

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge