100 day challenge.. What feels like my last hope

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: 100 day challenge.. What feels like my last hope

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 am

Good to hear from you Springhope.

stay strong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am

I agree with you Springhope. I feel 2018 will finally be the year to kick this habit. It too has been a long journey to give up over many years. Each year I am getting better at giving up. I am now concentrating on my health. I have lost 5 kg and have a few more to go. I find when you feel good about yourself, you are not depressed and are less likely to gamble. Lets kick this habit together. Once and for all and become fitter in the meantime. All the best with your challenge.
Catherine1

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

This year I am feeling hopeful.

I have alot i want to accomplish making 2018 gamble free for starters! Focusing on my health and well being something I have taken for granted for the past 5 or so years as my gambling addiction controlled me! Paying off 1/3 of my debt!! Not even sure if this is possible due to the high amount! But I am going to try my best!

Lets not waste anymore of OUR time gambling our lives away!
Springhope17

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks for the support guys!

I like what you said Mona 115 days with one lapse it changed my perspective and made me feel more positive!

I am still remaining strong and working on another 100 days hopefully next year will be a whole year gambling free!
Springhope17

Postby DFP » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi springhope

Totally agree with your assessment - clearly disappointed but you did retain some control, and limited losses. AND you don't want to play again which is a massive change. So celebrate your success in coming so far, and keep going with added determination. In my opinion, this is the nature of it - the urges will always come, and our aim is to control them. We will always be working on control.
All the best, and please keep posting your progress.
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Oh Springhope.

I am sorry. You were put into a precarious situation. Still you had maintained an element of control with limiting what you blew. l read some post about a lapse and relapse. I guess this is a lapse... But ohh l Can only imagine how you feel.

My Christmas day was good... not as good as I had hope because of an incident at stepmother s and a huge urge slammed right into me tossed me about abit but happy to say l surfed through it..

I guess you'll know next time to be stronger if you get into that position again. Cannot you count 115 days plus 1 lapse ... No I suppose that would not do.

So pleased you are honest about it and came back. More power to you!

Mona in day 73 GF
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Today should day 116 GF but its NOT!
I only made it to day 113 and then I gambled!
I have been so angry and frustrated with myself! It was only a very small slip up in the big scheme of my gambling addiction! But still enough for me to so disappointed in myself! I really thought I would never ever gamble again!
The situation was my partner, a couple of friends and myself were head to the cricket any early Xmas present for my partner. We parked in at Crown and had a drink as we were a couple of hours early! The others were going to have a quick play at the pokies I said no worries but I wont play. As time went by I was hitting the stupid buttons hoping for a feature or a jackpot! I put $140 dollars in! My partner lost about $400! Even tho I would usually lose about $1000 per session and $140 isnt bad for me! Its how I felt while I was there playing and the disappointment afterwards! It really effected my mood and brought me down over Christmas (which is my fav time of year)!

I read a quote on Instragram before that read "Take a deep breath. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again". So that is my mantra right now!

Hope everyone had a better Christmas !

3 days GF :(
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Congrats on 109 days!

It is great that you are getting to learn about your emotions.

Well done on resisting those urges

More power to you! Stay strong!
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Just wanted to check in today is 109 GF

I had an appointment with my counsellor today it went really well working on trying to understand and control my emotions so I can beat my gambling urges. I must say I really am learning alot from these sessions.

I'm trying to use all the tools available to me to beat this horrible addiction!

I have been having a few urges with the extra money that is needed around Christmas time I just remind myself NO i dont do that anymore and its never worked in the past! As well as once i start i cant stop! All the usual!

On a positive note I am excited about Christmas!!!!
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Yes... Candy crush can be addictive! l stopped playing when I first came in here... now I'm playing it again. I like that you have to wait an hour once you run out of 5 lives! I'm now in level 620! I've had the game for over 6 months now. I limit myself to a game at morning and after noon tea times. Its free! I don't buy lives or tokens,

I did notice that 101 days and 101 posts,, I love this mysteriousness of numbers... like supersition! Funny that but would never play a machine that had the number 4 on it nor hit a button with 4 on it... I am so glad to be away from those heartless machines!

Mona in day 60 ... technologically fine at this point in time...!
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge