Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Will it ever get better!?!

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    worriedlovedone

Will it ever get better!?!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:25 pm

My husband gambles.. alot!
    It's been alot of money over the years and I'm really starting to be affected in so many ways!
    I have alot anxiety about money and the accounts, I recently took control of the accounts and it worked for 2 weeks then it all went to **** again.. I'm stressed, sad and tired and fed up about all of it!
    He says he wants to get better but in the same breath says he can never see himself completely stopping.
    He has serious mental health issues, awful personal image and suicidal thoughts.. I worry about the affects this is all having on him and the decisions I make hinge on this aswell....
    I feel like nothing will ever change and I'm going to be living this nightmare forever!
    We have 3 very young children and a mortgage to pay.. I'm seriously struggling and don't know what to do anymore ...
    0 x
    Pikachu

Re: Will it ever get better!?!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 am

Hi @worriedlovedone ,
    Firstly, I want to thank you for sharing the story and your feelings, thoughts.
    I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It must be so hard for you to watch your husband struggle as well as juggling between many others things you have to do. It is not an easy situation for anyone. But you are here, seeking help. This is a big step forward. So well done on you!

As a start, have you tried give the National Gambling Helpline a call? They will be able to give you some options about helping your husband, as well what can help you cope better in this situation. Their number is 1800 858 858. This is a 24/7 service, so give them a call when you are ready.

Also, it might be helpful to have a conversation with your husband and find out if he is willing to seek help. He can also give the number a call and find out some services for himself.
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”