Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Needing support and advice for my partner who attempted suicide after his gambling got so out of hand

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    1234abcd

Needing support and advice for my partner who attempted suicide after his gambling got so out of hand

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm

Hello,
    I’m a really concerned partner of a gambling addict. My partner is an amazing man, great father but the gambling really took a hold of him so badly that he attempted suicide. It was a miracle he survived.
    1 x
    TheTeam

Re: Needing support and advice for my partner who attempted suicide after his gambling got so out of hand

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi @1234abcd, it sounds like you're having a really tough time at the moment - I've sent you a PM, you can see it in your screen's top right.
    0 x
    Damaged_Armour

Re: Needing support and advice for my partner who attempted suicide after his gambling got so out of hand

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:27 pm

1234abcd wrote:
    Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm
    Hello,
    I’m a really concerned partner of a gambling addict. My partner is an amazing man, great father but the gambling really took a hold of him so badly that he attempted suicide. It was a miracle he survived.
    Good that you're there to help him find his way. But you must know that gambling addiction for alot of serious gamblers is something that never goes away. It's takes management to live with.

When I made the concious decision to quit gambling one of the first and best things I did was give control of my money to the missus because I could not trust myself when the uncontrollable gambler took over me.
    1 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.

Return to “For Family and Friends”