" "

can I see the light

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: can I see the light

Postby Shirley (facilitator) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Hey Broken, setting yourself short term goals can be more effective that very long term ones when you are trying to change a habit. This is because the mind likes an end point that it can work towards. That is why 100 day challenge is a great place to start and you can get support along the way from the online community. Well done and making it past the first week milestone!

Shirley
Shirley (facilitator)

Postby pamela » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 am

Thanks Broken.you are on the way .I was at 8 days gamble free too once we have to start somewhere..keep going strong and resist those urges and you will get to where I am too
pamela

Postby pamela » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi everyone..I hope you all have a good weekend..very cold and wet here..stay strong and be positive
pamela

Postby pamela » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 am

I have been posting here for 2 years now as that is how long I have been gamble free.I have always offered support and help and I know at times I have probably been.a bit tough but its because I care.I speak publicly about my gambling and am involved with Consumer Voice as I really want to help people stop.But tonight after reading a post here slamming me and my opinion,I feel its time I moved on.Angry is one word I use and everyone is entitled to their opinion .I feel saddened that one person and their cocky attitude has brought me to this..so to that person..good luck and goodbye
Pam
pamela

Postby JinxyWolf » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 am

Hi Pamela,

I hope that you reconsider your decision to move on. Your support and encouragement has meant a lot to me and I'm sure to a lot of other people on this forum. It's very reassuring to those of us still battle this demon to know that 2 years gamble free is possible. You may be tough, but you care and that's what matters.

If moving on is what you truly want I understand but I hope that one persons inability to confront what they know to be true will not be the reason the rest of us have to miss out on all the advice and experience you have to share.

Be well Pamela and it's been a blessing to have your support.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby jimi68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:02 am

don't avoid the party just because of your feelings for one of the people that might be there...
just don't talk to them or about them and try to enjoy yourself.

You have helped me so much by giving me the idea to willfully decide to not gamble...
I went from a weak person trying to not gamble to a strong person deciding not to gamble
"I DONT GO INTO THOSE PLACES ANYMORE!!"'
cut the cord.
Ive got the power.
leap into the sea with only a life preserver is scary
but if you know your gonna be ok you can relax and not be afraid...
no matter how I feel
"I don't have to go into those places anymore!!

because I saw that's what you are doing..
You are a committed non gambler!!!
I didn't come up with that idea myself.
It was because of your input here.
I decided to think like a non gambler and it works!!!

belief is a powerfull thing
but having the wrong beliefs is also powerfull ( we get them often when we are emotional ,like after an argument..etc)
but it causes harm.....
don't have the wrong belief that your not appreciated here.
I send you a kiss lady pamela!!!xxxxooxxox
jimi68

Postby pamela » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks Jimi.I appreciate your kind words.and if I am harsh its because I am.passionate about not gambling and getting.people to live life .but maybe its time to cut the cords from gambling completely by bowing out of this forum .because when.I think about it..as long as I post here I am still bound to gambling ..so its time to chuck the shackles and be free. Good luck and thankyou
Xcxx
pamela

Postby jimi68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:21 pm

yeah
I fully understand that. My day is coming soon to move on.
That's exactly what I was thinking to do but I changed my mind for now
I'm gonna stick around just for a little longer(seems I have a fan club)
Start a new chapter completely pamela
a fresh start.
the past behind
the unwritten future ahead.....
You can allways return in the future if you change your point of view
you have graduated from quitting gambling school.
Pour a glass of champagne tonight and toast it all behind you.
Heres to a new life (clink)
you don't owe anybody anything here
you did your best..
Feel good knowing that people gained something because you were here.
find a new garden to plant your seeds.
invest your energy into something new...
find something that makes you happy.
jimi68

Postby Joy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi Pam & Jimi.

Everyone needs to do what they feel is best for them. Everything ends. People move on. I understand why you think it's time to sign off Pam and I wish you luck for the future. I have appreciated your support and to me, you represent where I want to be in the future.

I hope you can sometimes check in and say hi but if not ....... You go for it girl......... You've done the hard work, trekked the hard yards and inspired many many others on the way. If you need to cut loose, cut loose......... PAMELA LEAVES AS A WINNER....GAMBLING FREE

I don't like to speak for others but I feel that we needed you a lot more than you needed us. Take care, live long and prosper (it's a vulcan thing)
Joy

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Dear Pamela, whatever your decision i really want to thank you for all your support and sharing of your experiences. You are a shining example of what a gf life can be. I will miss your posts; and wish you an amazing future and hope that you pop in to say hi at some point.

You are a person that i never met face to face, but you did change my life (what a gift from you) and always challenged me to think about the choices i was making.

Big hugs and thank you.

Sandra xx
User 586eee5282d07

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard