" "

Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby pamela » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Well done Mona..that's a great effort
pamela

Postby Cazza » Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Awesome on 7 months Mona.

I totally get what you were saying about paydays. The anxiety of it looming plus the undercurrent of excitement knowing that you will again have funds in the bank.
The last 2 pay weeks i have realized it is starting to become just another day, which I am happy that this is occurring. Even though I have debts to pay off every week it is a little less. The future is starting to brighten 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks Cazza!

I're become a little "tighter" with money now, nice to have money the day before payday! l am also Just starting to trust myself a little more money in my purse!

Today l "shouted" myself a lift home in a taxi after my visit to daughter! I said to myself heck it's cheaper than the pokies! gave the driver $10 and said keep the change! was just happy not to have to walk home! grandson exhausts me-. ha ha!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:19 am

Am experiencing some anxious moments.

On top of fighting study and exam anxieties I have a birthday party to attend in at a Venue that of course has a D, Den, what venue doesn't. This will be the second time in recovery that I'll be in this situation. What makes my thoughts more anxious is the people that will be there... had it been a 'friends party I would have excused myself but being my daughters party... I'll have to be brave .. BUT heck it may not even be as bad as l'm making it to be!

I don't have temptations or urges... but I've been thinking lately as I deal with the study anxieties that I have NO where to escape!... my escape lately has been housework or gardening... but its too wet to garden today & housework gosh if I tidy up anymore I won't have anything to do tomorrow... lol !

This is my escape I suppose... its good to see people posting and supporting each other. One thing that' been irrrating me lately is the sports betting advertisements on Tv ... likes smoking & alcohol ads they should be banned!

Stay strong people. You can enjoy the gamble free life ...it is worth the fight,

Mona on day 222 GF
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm

You will be fine Mona you were last time.

If you have Gran kids there maybe you can focus on entertaining them! it will definitely keep you occupied! Just make sure you leave before or with everyone else that way you wont be there alone at the end or be tempted!

Congrats on day 222!
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks Springhope,

I definitely won't be there early or be the last to leave as I'm getting a lift there & home. Have transfered minimum to touch card for dinner.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 pm

You can do this Mona, before you know it you will be home afterwards and realize that you hadn't even given it another thought 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

Thank you Cazza ,

l could see the D-Den from where I sat but no interest in playing. Seeing rows of sombre looking people in front of machInes ... only one word "SAD". I did keep looking in there and asked myself why do I keep looking do I want to play ...No not interested at all!..I think it was because I was kind of proud that I've broken away from that horrible habit!
Mona58

Postby pamela » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi Mona..well done..and I agree that the people playing the machines all look miserable..no-one actually looks like they are having fun..once you take that step back it all looks different
pamela

Postby Cazza » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Mona, well done.

Maybe you were looking in at them as you were reflecting on your past.

We can all look back but i think it is just to see not what used to be but as a measurement of how far we have come 😊
Cazza

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard