" "

My story

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: My story

Postby Pikey94 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Hey Mona,

Doing well, not sure what day I'm on, haven't been tracking. My job interview was yesterday and I feel really good about how it went. Its always good when it feels more like a conversation rather than an interview. Gonna be a really nervous wait though as you never know how well other people have interviewed. Still going to GA as well and the people there are really nice.
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 pm

That's fantastic.

You could always go by when you went to your first meeting. l could easily lose track if I didn't mark the days on my calendar!

Wishing you all the best! Stay strong.

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Pikey94 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a while, just thought i'd share an update. I'm currently on day 12 GF which is my longest streak yet. The time I spend thinking about gambling is becoming less and less. I have paid off my smallest debt to Paypal which is good because I was starting to get phone calls and emails to them. I am working my way through my debt to my dad and have already paid off more than $1000 of the $3500 I owe him and have made a budget which will allow me to finish paying off by next month. After that I can start working away at my final debt which is the credit card, which I'm hoping to pay off by the end of the year. I also start work placement on the 22nd which I'm pretty excited for!
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi Pikey!

Congrats on 12 days.
It is great that you're sorting out your finances.
Had wondered how you were doing . Are you still going to meetings?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Great job Pikey. It must be a great feeling paying back your debts. You are taking control of your life. Well done. Keep up the good work. I am at day 10 today. I have been trying to give up pokies for a few years. I have a good feeling about 2018. The year I finally give gambling the boot.
Catherine1

Postby Pikey94 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 pm

I'll be honest, I haven't been going to GA as much as I should. I will try to go more in the future as I know it is a great resource in my recovery. It is a great feeling paying off my debts and having a semblance of control in my life. The challenge is to keep it going.
Pikey94

Previous

Return to The Courtyard