" "

So here i am

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: So here i am

Postby pamela » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:13 am

Enjoy your new car Sandra..and keep out of the danger zone..keep living life..glad to hear you are getting benefit from the GA meetings..Have a great week
Pam
pamela

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Sandra..how is everything with you?
Pam
pamela

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi everyone, i havent logged on in few weeks but thought it was about time to say hello and start posting more on the forum. It has been 5 1/2 months since i last gambled but i need to stay strong against this everyday. I really do love my life gamble free, i feel physically and mentally so much better. I still have been going to a ga meeting once a week and find the meetings a rwally good help as well.

Take care
Sandra
Xxx
User 586eee5282d07

Postby FamilyFirst » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for the update, well done with staying gamble free for 5 and a half months!! That's awesome news!!
Keep staying strong and we'll beat this!
Your doing great.
Cheers, Lee
FamilyFirst

Postby pamela » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi Sandra..I have often wondered how you have been doing..great news you are nearly 6 months gamble free.its great how our life can change so much when we stop.Glad the GA meetings benefit you
Pam
pamela

Postby Charlotte (facilitator) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Sandra,

Five and a half months!! That's terrific :)
Great that the meetings are helping you to stay strong. One day at a time!

Charlotte
Charlotte (facilitator)

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:03 pm

A nice thing happened today. someone i haven,t seen in a while told me i looked the best i had in years. I totally 100% think this is due to not gambling. Speaking for myself, self care was the last thing o my list of things to do when i gambled. Then in all the emotional and mental pain , physical well being got over looked. Here is a little list of changes ans some things i do now

1. Sleep well. The truly refreshing restful kind-:)
2. Lots of good nutritious food ( not the minimum that i used to buy after gambling)
3. Lots of walking and vitamin d.
4. Regular hair cuts (this was always on the next pay list when i gambled)
5. Relaxation time

Obviousky a lot of these little things impact mental well being too and most of them are free so not a big dent in the budget.

Hope evryone is having a fabulous gf day.

Sandra
User 586eee5282d07

Postby pamela » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi Sandra..good to hear from you.You are right..when the stress of gambling is gone we become healthier both mentally and physically.
I know I do things now I was never capable off while gambling..and I feel great.say no to gambling
pamela

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:28 pm

It's great to see that the benefits of quitting gambling are so much more than just "Saving money".
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby Springhope17 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Sandra,

I am on day 11 GF. I have just read through all of the thread and seeing how far you have come really gives me hope! I started at your first post and I really hoped that you had been succeeding.

I related to so many things that you have posted. Your last post made me laugh a little as self care is something that I have definitely missed over the past 3 years when my gambling as been at its worst. My hair is always going to be done next pay i look back on photos and Oh My it looks hideous! I cant wait for the stress and anxiety to start leaving my body! As well as starting to eat more nutritious foods and really start looking after myself!

Congratulations on working so hard.
Springhope17

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard