" "

Dan’s 100 day challenge to recovery

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Dan’s 100 day challenge to recovery

Postby Joy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi Dan & Suzy,

I hope you're both well. i've struggled to stop as well. I go awhile then fall by the wayside. I'm totally sick of day one's. I feel I'm in a different mindset this time though. I'm also on day 9 gf.

I'm hoping you're both doing well and I will be following your posts. I fully intend to stick to the plan. Day 10 tomorrow. Here's to all of us. Good luck guys. :) Joy :)
Joy

Postby Mona58 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Wishing you all strength to get through the weekend gamble free!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jc » Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Dan P wrote:
Jc wrote:Having money left over is such a great feeling. Getting through a weekend is a big accomplishment. We just have to fight these urges no matter what.

Stay strong.

Day 9. And still gamble free. How are you traveling JC? I have been super busy with work and other things that I havnt really had the time. Which is good. I decided to go to a GA meeting a few days ago. It went well, scared the hell out of me and actually brang me back down to reality about the issue.

A lot of the guys were so supportive because they know what I’m also going through. It was a good feeling, I havnt had support like that in a long time. Let alone from a group of strangers.

D.

I’m trying to will myself to go to one of these meetings. I’m scared as hell. Its great that you still havent gambled. When youre busy youre mind isnt there, its those times when youre bored or lonely, those are the times we really need to keep the guard up.

The outlook on life is slowly changing.

I’m travelling well. Still havent gambled yet. Urges have been up and down but Ive pushed through.

Keep it up.
Jc

Postby Jc » Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 pm

I can’t really give much advice because I’m a newbie myself, but one thing thats stopping me from betting: I dont want to go back to my old life. I’m so much happier now. I dont want to go back to those times where I’d gambled my entire pay away, with $0 in my bank account and had to wait next week for more money - only to then pump it back in to gambling. Barely having money to even buy lunch, or even a coffee.

I never want to go back to those dark days
Jc

Postby Dan P » Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Day 14 nearly over with... slight urges. I had class today and had to walk oust a venue. That smell or cheap perfume and beer in the air just gave me a reminder I didn’t need.

Went on with my day.. now hit the two week mark I will have to really put pressure on myself as I know the next two weeks are going to be twice as hard.

D.
Dan P

Postby chilaxis » Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 am

Awesome stuff Dan, Day-14 is no small feat. You're travelling really well. Keep up the good fight!
chilaxis

Postby Jc » Mon May 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Hey Dan, just checking in to see how things are going? Hope all is well
Jc

Postby Dan P » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Jc wrote:Hey Dan, just checking in to see how things are going? Hope all is well

JC. Been super busy, trying to keep my self occupied the best that I can. Today marks 41 days GF. It’s been tough and the urges just keep coming back because I have free time between things I’m doing or when I stay at home on the weekend. Still trying my best.

How are you going JC? Sorry it has been so far between conversation.
Dan P

Postby Wenna (facilitator) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:44 pm

There is some great support going on here today guys, keep up the good work :)
Wenna (facilitator)

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge