" "

Let the 2018 be my GF year!

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Let the 2018 be my GF year!

Postby Jasmine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 am

Sadly, I lost my battle. I gambled last night after all and lost $8,000 by 3am.
As you would imagine, I feel so upset and depressed by this. I don't know why I started gambling again. Having access to money is certainly bad for me. Yesterday my friend who borrowed me money returned it to me. The first thing came to my mind is 'let's have some fun!'. It's certainly no fun last night. Thousands are gone....I could have bought so many things for myself with that money.
I am numb right now. I feel like chasing the loss...I feel stupid to throw that money away....I know I will only lose more, but right now I am so upset about the loss more than the gambling. Not good!
Jasmine

Postby Mona58 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:40 am

Oh... Jasmine! I don't know what to say! You know what you have to do! It is very hard ... very very hard! I feel for you so badly. Talk to your counsellorl You need to be very strict with yourself. Dust off and start again from the beginning... You CAN do it. !! Believe in yourself!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jasmine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks Mona. I am really unsure if I can beat it, but of course I will keep trying.
Yes, it's impossible for to do it if I have a hold of money. It's incredibly sad but I am afraid that's how it will have to be.
I am sad that I lost those thousands of dollars. I was so wanting to do some shopping but found those dresses too much to pay for. But look at me feeding a stupid machine as if the notes are just a paper with no value.
Incredibly sad.
Jasmine

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge