" "

Support

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: Support

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 am

You CAN do it Matilda!

perhaps subscribe to daily SMS support from GambHelp...? (its on the homepage of this site)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby DFP » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Are you able to move the money to a safe account straight away - one where you don't have instant access? Or give the money to someone who will help you be accountable? I feel that limiting access to cash is very important - especially at the start. Best wishes - you can do it!!!
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby puggles » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 pm

We are all cheering you on Matilda!

Keep up the focus!! You can get through tomorrow
puggles

Postby Matilda » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Well I fell down yesterday and gave in to an urge. Sadly I enjoyed my time. But far less money, no cards, short time. That is an improvement. I don't think I can go cold turkey...It is too hard. But I am on my way again. I guess there are some down times with all the good. .
Matilda

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm

It is hard Matilda.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Oregon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Sorry to hear that Matilda
If you can walk away with a small loss that is an improvement. But don't go back trying to chase your money. Otherwise it'll turn out just as bad.

I've given up access to money when I know I'll have the time to gamble alone. It has worked wonders for me.
But the one day I left my card in my wallet I was back in front of the machines again. Luckily I stopped myself just in time.

It is hard work and there are down days, but they are nowhere near as bad as the days where you lost more than you could afford.
Keep trying and looking to the webpage and forums for support.

Oregon on day 42 GF
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Previous

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge