" "

100 day as my first goal

The 100 Day Challenge is a program where you set your goals - reduce your gambling or stop gambling altogether, it's up to you. Log onto the 100 Day Challenge website to follow the real stories of four Australians trying to give up gambling for inspiration and get the tools and support you need to find the real you. Click here to sign up, and post about your own challenge here on the Gambling Help Online Community Forum!

Re: 100 day as my first goal

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Well done DFP.

Over the years and through my studies I have gotten fascinated with numbers .

Just look at the numbers on your post ...

Day 77 GF on the 7th of Nov 2017. Your on a winner! Congratulations!

Mona on day 26 .
Mona58

Postby DFP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Day 83 today. Away with work tomorrow night - always my most dangerous time. A little voice in my head tried to suggest today that I would be OK with taking my ATM card as I was by now in control. This was the gambling demon having a go!!! Nice try but no way am I falling for that - going with my strategies, including limited access to cash, a good book and my running shoes.
DFP

Postby Springhope17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi DFP,

Great work on 83 days and recognising the little gambling voice telling you that its okay to have the atm card now.
Enjoy the book and running shoes!
Stay strong
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 am

Congrats on 83 days Gamble free DFP.

l'm feeling that stupid demon thing today! I do wish I were a little younger so I could put on running shoes and run. I remember a time l were in a hurry and had to run ... this is some thing that has stayed in my conscious... I run and when I stopped I thought woe that felt good ... what happened just then?... l don't think l could do it now... because of the smoking! Damn it... So any of you young ones reading this try Quit while your young!

Keep posting DFP :.. I need your wise knowledge!

Mona in day 31 ... feelin Old!
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 am

We are not old, just lived in, lol.
Well done DFP, that little voice is very annoying.
Good job, keep running and perhaps you can walk slowly round the back yard Mona😀

About 45 days gf
You have to hate losing more than you like winning
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Lol Jeddie! x
Mona58

Postby DFP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Back home with day 85 done. Was tested a bit last night when away with work (always the most dangerous time for me in terms of a bust). Didn't have access to much money but I still had a few messages from the gambling demon suggesting I visit a venue. I didn't!!! Felt strong and I'm control. Best wishes to all.
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 am

Well done DFP!

You are an inspiration! Your posts motivate me ... jealously ... but in a good way!

I've been dancing around exercising! and I'd just stood on one leg with the other on the kitchen bench stretching my muscles! Then the other... then did a few squats! OOw that hurt!

I'd had to read your posts again from day one... as I'm in a vulnerable position this morning. I need to get cash and grandson's birthday gift posted. Am transferring cash out into the other account for safety! As I do have no choice but to walk pass the Demon's dens!

Mona in day 33
Mona58

Postby DFP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Well done Mona! I think the demon will always be around . I saw this quote on an addiction website which I think captures it brilliantly:

"My disease is in the parking lot doing push ups." The nature of the disease of addiction is that it gets stronger even when you are not using. That's why someone who picks up a drug after a period of sobriety usually has such prompt dire consequences. Remember sobriety is a daily reprieve and that you do need to keep up with your treatment routine
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes that may well be true. I know it will always be around .. . and I'd like to think that demon has no power over me anymore ...but after what happened earlier in the year... and if a drinker sat next to me at the pokies I would move ..so yes this proves it still has some power... I'm thinking we weaken its power each time we resist temptation... thus the higher power is stronger.

This is seriously mentally taxing!,, l've edited this more times than I've edited a 2,000 word essay!

Whatever it is we just need to keep taking care of ourselves!
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge