" "

Staying at the bottom

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Staying at the bottom

Postby Donna1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm

So it's been a few weeks since my rock bottom hit and I'm starting to feel better, less wanting to die. Then I went into a club to use the toilet and although I didn't stop and play, I wanted to and even thought to myself how nice the place was, I hadn't been in this club before so I didn't see the negative. I left because my husband was waiting in the car for me, it was just a pit stop on the way to the inlaws. I wanted to play though and that made me wish that rock bottom feeling lasted longer. I need that feeling ....wish it could be taken like a pill some times...I mean without all the lose involved. Like the pill an alcoholic takes to make them vomit when they drink. No it couldn't be that easy. So mean while I got through the past few weeks pretty good, it's easy when you have already spent all your money and hurt your spouse in the process and now that the rock bottom feeling is fading I'm starting to worry about what's going to happen next week.
Donna1

Re: Staying at the bottom

Postby JinxyWolf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi Donna,

Congrats on continuing to be gamble free.

It is hard to keep up motivation once that initial feeling on hitting rock bottom has passed. We start to forget how bad things were and start to focus on the aspects of gambling we miss, like the rush of a win or the sounds and lights flashing before us. These are the times we really need to dig our heals in and reflect on why we quit in the first place. The good news is that the further away you get from gambling the less intense these feelings will become.
For now, make sure you have your barriers in place and keep an eye out for those triggers. You will miss gambling, that is a fact, your brain will try to convince you that you need to gamble but that is the addiction talking, lean on your supporters when you need to and you will get through this tough time.

I wish you well. And Dig in those heals....you deserve a gamble free future.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Re: Staying at the bottom

Postby Donna1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Thank you 😊
Donna1

Return to Your Diary of Recovery