" "

day 1

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

day 1

Postby jacksons » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:20 pm

today i start again. i have 2 options, stopping or suicide. i know i cant live like this anymore. i am 30 mins clean as of now...
jacksons

Re: day 1

Postby Noah (facilitator) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi Jacksons,
I'm Noah, one of the facilitators here...
It sounds like you're feeling in a very low place! I hope you find this a supportive place.
I am concerned about you and the fact that you may be thinking about suicide. If you feel unsafe. Please either present at your local emergency department or call 000.
There is free counselling and financial counselling to support you in your journey is stopping gambling. Please make an anonymous and confidential phone call to Gamblers Helpline on 1800 858 858 for immediate support and to find out more about what options are available to you.
You could also talk to lifeline around suicidal thoughts on: 13 11 14.
Stay safe and keep in touch!
Noah
Noah (facilitator)

Postby jacksons » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:08 pm

picking this up from when i cowardly walked way from it.

today is 1 day sober.

good luck to all the rest of you out there struggling with this horrible disease.

Jack.
jacksons

Postby pamela » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Jack dont be discouraged..every day is a struggle but gambling makes it ten times worse and then add booze to the mix and it spells disaster..but you can turn it all around with grit and determination..it isnt easy but the end result is so good..please keep trying and you will succeed
..good luck and take little steps one day at a time
pamela

Postby jacksons » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:32 pm

pamela wrote:Jack dont be discouraged..every day is a struggle but gambling makes it ten times worse and then add booze to the mix and it spells disaster..but you can turn it all around with grit and determination..it isnt easy but the end result is so good..please keep trying and you will succeed
..good luck and take little steps one day at a time

Thank you Pamela.

I have successfully reached 2 days now.

It is not easy times i am left without much money at all until my next pay day. I am in a holiday period so i need to to and keep myself busy as gambling remains constantly on my mind.
jacksons

Postby pamela » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Having no money is an issue but it gets better..keep perservering ..try and distract yourself anyway you can to stop your thoughts about gambling..evetyday gets easier just keep telling yourself no..
pamela

Postby jacksons » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm

pamela wrote:Having no money is an issue but it gets better..keep perservering ..try and distract yourself anyway you can to stop your thoughts about gambling..evetyday gets easier just keep telling yourself no..

Thank you for support.

Happy to check in 3 days gamble free.

It feels different this time - i feel so much more determined than i have been in he past. I will make sure to read a lot of stories the day before i am paid - that is when it is hardest.

Good luck to you all out there.
jacksons

Postby pamela » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:52 am

Well done..keep up the good work but dont let your guard down..
try and put a plan into action for pay day..that is when your willpower will be tested..but just remember the way you feel when you loose everything..that is enough to make me never want to gamble again..say no to gambling..keep your money and start living life again..good luck
pamela

Postby jacksons » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:09 am

pamela wrote:Well done..keep up the good work but dont let your guard down..
try and put a plan into action for pay day..that is when your willpower will be tested..but just remember the way you feel when you loose everything..that is enough to make me never want to gamble again..say no to gambling..keep your money and start living life again..good luck

thank you for your support Pamela.

Things feels different this time, i know i won't be relapsing.

Day 4 in the books for yesterday.
jacksons

Postby annnie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Jackson,

Keep it up, focus and fight any urges . Replace old habits with new good ones that will benefit you rather than those that don't. Everyday day make an effort and go for a walk, push yourself a little bit further each day, soon you will be that much further ahead in many ways. Exercise helps with depression. Habits are changing and you are retraining the brain. We are with you, don't be afraid to post on days when you struggle with withdrawal there 's always someone here, and ring the help line also, I find if I am struggling , just talking to someone that really understands & knows all the ins & outs makes the world of difference. Looking forward to hear how you are travelling.

Take care.
annnie

Next

Return to Your Diary of Recovery