" "

Feel **** , day eight bust

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Re: Feel **** , day eight bust

Postby fray » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 am

FG,

I know how you feel, i done the same thing on Wednesday. Was only $300 but felt like $3000 as i can't afford it.

I was on day 10.

Probably like you, when i have money it burns a hole in my pocket. We need to get rid of it in a more responsible way.

When there is no money i couldnt give one hoot about gambling, still the thought from time to time but can't action so the urge moves on.

Great advice from the other guys to give up cards and wages to another person, i might try this for myself.

Let us beat this dreaded disease, being broke sucks.

Dabo
fray

Postby Jeddie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:28 am

I have found on my 93 day “journey” that I have had to learn how to actually keep money. Both in my purse and in my accounts. I have also kept some money at home which I have not rushed to the pokies with. Try with small amounts and gradually add to it.

93 days GF
You have to quit and stay quit (pinched from DFP)
Jeddie

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm

I agree with Jeddie,

I think that in the long term, people need to learn how to save again and have access to cash.

Limiting your finances is however a wonderfully useful tool in the short term.

Starting with financial restrictions initially makes it easier to abstain, and you can use that time to start to develop other hobbies and ways of coping. Once you are used to your new ways of filling in time, coping with stress or celebrating, then you can start to look at having access to cash again.
Jerry (facilitator)

Previous

Return to Your Diary of Recovery