" "

GamblingLess - a new online self-help program for gambling

Stay on top of cutting edge gambling research and browse new opportunities to get involved!

GamblingLess - a new online self-help program for gambling

Postby Stephanie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi all!

Do you want to gamble less? And do it on your own? Then the GamblingLess program may be for you!

A team of leading clinical researchers from Deakin University, Turning Point, Flinders University and the Australian National University have developed a new and innovative online self-help program for gambling. We are looking for people who want to gamble less, are 18 years of age or older, live in Australia, have good knowledge of the English language, have access to the Internet, and are willing to commit to an 8 week online self-help program and to completing brief online questionnaires.

The GAMBLINGLESS program is interactive and easy to use, and can be completed at any time, from anywhere. The aim of the program is to help you manage your gambling related problems by reducing your gambling activities and increasing your well-being. By taking part in this program you will not only learn how to manage your gambling but you will also be helping us to improve the services that are offered to people who are having difficulties with their gambling.

To sign up or to find out more about GamblingLess, jump online at http://www.gamblingless.org.au or contact us at contact@gamblingless.org.au.
Stephanie

Re: GamblingLess - a new online self-help program for gambli

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Stephanie,

This sounds like a great program. I was wondering if it is still running? Have you had much success with the program so far?
Jerry (facilitator)

Re: GamblingLess - a new online self-help program for gambli

Postby Jo-Anne » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:13 am

I have started this program. I'm finding it very good, as I am living in a remote area so an online program is great for me.
It is a well structured program and the team respond to e-mail queries quite promptly. I will let you know how I am going with it.
There are some challenging activities to do, but all very worthwhile. Eight weeks to complete is very doable.
Jo-Anne

Return to Research