Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience & friends and family.

• Share your experience & strategies.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join the discussion today!
  • My Low point

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Frost

My Low point

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:01 pm

I Posted on here over a year ago and since then had some sort of recovery but alas this last month has been again... my low point.
    I'm reaching out again to the forum to get help.

I do apologies if this is all over the place I'm trying to write this before bed.

My name is Frost I'm a 25yr old girl in Brisbane who's having a bad time.
    Not as bad as some others but it was such a horrible feeling tonight...... I tried to apply for a online cash loan... and I got REJECTED.
    Just for $200... the system said no.

I never really had a problem with gambling until Sept 2013.... Where my car blew its 3rd cylinder and I had to apply to the bank to get a loan to get a new car..... I got rejected then because my sub contract work wasn't really counted as consistent income. They only noted my casual work.
    I took that so hard the fact I had to rely on my parents for another loan (was still paying off study loan) .

Since then I've gotten better I've paid the car off its mine now... and just only $3600 to go on my study loan.

I've been in a long distance relationship for 4.5 years, my boyfriend lives in Melbourne and I don't get to see him often. We talk online most nights and play games together occasionally.
    We're at the point now where I'm trying to move to Melbourne... but I've been trying to make sure I have the best start in Melbourne... I dont want to move with money still owning and not having much to support myself.

He's offered countless times to pay my debts but I just won't let him cos its not fair for him to pay for my loans that I haven't paid back.
    This year has been horrible.. I've had an Aunt and a Grandad pass away within 6 months of each other, there's been the emotional grieving of that... on top of work been so low and not earning enough.

I've been trying all year to move and it just seems things keep happening so I can't get ahead and move.
    I am staying here till Christmas... I'm at that point now where i have to stop the sub contract work and focus on the casual cos its the busiest time of the year and if i get 5 shifts a week i make alot of money.

I hate the fact over this year when things were down i know I'm a very lucky person and Ive won big before $1000 here... $1500 there....but I keep chasing for those wins cos I know i can do them but its just not happening atm.... I even tried to fix my situation of getting a bigger credit card.. but got rejected for that... i again tonight tried to apply for a $200 cash loan to help me back on my feet but no that was rejected too..

After all this my boyfriend when we had a fight over the fact I haven't moved to Melbourne yet....... He's worried about my gambling .. he's said before he understands and supports me but I felt in that fight he was so judgmental of me and looking down on me.
    Its at the point since that fight I can't be open with him about my problems anymore cos I don't want to disappoint him.
    And for that I only have one close friend now who i talked to about and he helps me out financially from time to time. So he's lend me money again tonight...

I just feel trapped because I try to fix things and the universe won't let me.... I need to keep to the strategy of paying my bills FIRST...stop trying to make miracles happen with money i can't afford to lose.

So this is my low point, I'm 5 weeks away from Christmas and I'm just running out of time.

Thanks for reading.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.
    0 x
    Iwuzzagambler

Re: My Low point

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:28 pm

It's not all over the place at all. But gambling will make you all over the place all the time over and over again. Gambling is your big issue. History will just repeat over and over win a bit at odd times but mostly losing a **** load and trying to get loans, which you won't be able to get. Why are you getting loans, because you have no money. Why do you have no money, because of gambling. Why can't you move to Melbourne, because of gambling. Gambling will ***** your universe up. The unoiverse feels so bad when you gamble because losing causes negativity. Your emotions will feel 1000 times more intense, you will read things the wrong way. Youre probably judging yourself. I'd say your bf is just pissed that gambling has gotten in the way of both your lives. Not that you gamble. But because gambling is creating obstacles and ruining you from being you.

Should a meth addict just dabble in drugs, no they can not. Same for a compulsive gambler like you and I. We can't dabble, eventually it will get the better of us and control us destroying our lives like it has done and is doing to you right now. It makes us blind. Don't gamble at all. You can't win, look at your history. Where are you all the time without fail. Recognise the process. The same **** over and over. You have nothing to show for it.No gambler does.

There are always going to be obstacles in life but we can't let that affect us and go and gamble. I think we all offer too many excuses at times as to why we do something. Time to find a constructive thing or things to do instead of gambling. Gambling isn't constructive. It gets us nowhere.

Short term excitement that leads to depression, bankruptcy and just **** in general and every aspect. You will always end up in ruin, over, and over, and over again.

25 years old is a great age to be. Don't spend another second of your youth in a self destructive fucked up pattern. Live your life in peace and happiness. Have fun, but not in a stupid way.

Don't lie to yourself. I'm quitting gambling. I'm giving up the short term '' fun '' which is anything but in reality, for long term peace and happiness. Join me. Let's put this ***** to bed once and for all.

Go and be with your boyfriend and enjoy being you and share each others love and life :cool:
    3 x
    Purplepoppy989

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Iwuzzagambler wrote:
    Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:28 pm
    It's not all over the place at all. But gambling will make you all over the place all the time over and over again. Gambling is your big issue. History will just repeat over and over win a bit at odd times but mostly losing a **** load and trying to get loans, which you won't be able to get. Why are you getting loans, because you have no money. Why do you have no money, because of gambling. Why can't you move to Melbourne, because of gambling. Gambling will **** your universe up. The unoiverse feels so bad when you gamble because losing causes negativity. Your emotions will feel 1000 times more intense, you will read things the wrong way. Youre probably judging yourself. I'd say your bf is just pissed that gambling has gotten in the way of both your lives. Not that you gamble. But because gambling is creating obstacles and ruining you from being you.

Should a meth addict just dabble in drugs, no they can not. Same for a compulsive gambler like you and I. We can't dabble, eventually it will get the better of us and control us destroying our lives like it has done and is doing to you right now. It makes us blind. Don't gamble at all. You can't win, look at your history. Where are you all the time without fail. Recognise the process. The same **** over and over. You have nothing to show for it.No gambler does.

There are always going to be obstacles in life but we can't let that affect us and go and gamble. I think we all offer too many excuses at times as to why we do something. Time to find a constructive thing or things to do instead of gambling. Gambling isn't constructive. It gets us nowhere.

Short term excitement that leads to depression, bankruptcy and just **** in general and every aspect. You will always end up in ruin, over, and over, and over again.

25 years old is a great age to be. Don't spend another second of your youth in a self destructive ***** up pattern. Live your life in peace and happiness. Have fun, but not in a stupid way.

Don't lie to yourself. I'm quitting gambling. I'm giving up the short term '' fun '' which is anything but in reality, for long term peace and happiness. Join me. Let's put this ***** to bed once and for all.

Go and be with your boyfriend and enjoy being you and share each others love and life :cool:

Thankyou for these inspiring words.
    3 x
    Keeton

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi PurplePoppy989,

My name is Keeton. 26 yrs old male, living near Newcastle.
    I noticed that the original post was from a few years ago. I just wanted to know how you are going?. You seemed like you were under a lot of stress.
    If you ever need someone to chat to. you can private message me.
    Take Care and stay strong. You can do it!

All the Best,
    Keeton
    2 x

Return to “The Courtyard”