Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Newbie to the forum

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    pricey1981

Re: Newbie to the forum

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm

face to face counselling got postponed to next week cause she had a family emergency but still was able to do it over the phone.
    she's great, she is def making me feel better about things and that i can only control what i can control.
    there's also so many good self help videos on Youtube that i recommend to people to check out, its making me feel a lot better and opening my eyes to why i went the path i went down and that i didnt gamble because i didnt care about people and that i loved gambling, there's so many small things that all add up and the gambling was the outlet i directed what i couldn't/didnt deal with.

i feel a lot better about myself, i honestly have hardly had an urge since this has all played out. Im not naive to think it wont get them more as my emotions and things change but i know now why i did it and i can put things in place to stop it or to be frank.... all i have to do is think about my wife and the part it played in our break up and thats enough for me.

Going to the SANFL GF Sunday with my nephew so im looking fwd to getting out the house, got a couple days off coming up so will grab the rest of my gear from the old place and start settling into my brothers and start looking ahead.
    1 x
    pamela

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Hey Pricey..well done on the progress you have been making..keep at it and you will make it
    Being free from gambling is such a great way to live..
    I see you are from SA
    So am I..I might be able to help you with my contacts and groups if you are interested
    1 x
    JinxyWolf

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi Pricey,

Congrats on the progress you have made, it's awesome :D

Being able to forgive yourself for past mistakes is hard but an important step. We can't dwell in the past only move toward a brighter future, a future we all deserve.

Keep up the great work and be well

JinxyWolf
    0 x
    pricey1981

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 am

thanks guys
    that would be good Pamela
    0 x
    pamela

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm

I attend a group that is non judgemental..that might be of benefit to you..very supportive.lots of fun ,.if you think something like this might help I would be happy to message you with the details
    1 x
    pricey1981

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:07 am

That would be good, thanks Pam
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am

I have sent you a pm
    1 x
    pricey1981

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 am

pamela wrote:
    Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am
    I have sent you a pm
    i tried to pm you but it said you have it disabled to receive pm's? unless im doing something wrong
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 am

Ok not sure why..
    0 x
    pricey1981

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:13 am

Got paid today and not a single urge to gamble, its amazing to feel this way at the moment. Got a counselling session tomorrow so looking fwd to it

I made a video about my gambling and its affect on myself and my relationship and the feedback from my mates was unreal, unfortunately i had blowback from the ex and her family and mates so i took it down.
    I didnt make it personal but i just wanted to explain how i got down this path, prob could have left some stuff out but my intentions were good.
    The huge positive is i got contacted by a bunch of people who have been in the same situation with gambling or drugs and they want to catch up and reconnect, even some people that i havent seen in 15-20 years.
    Catching up with a mate from high school who is a opiod addict and we are gonna talk life, im really excited about the doors that have opened since ive opened up.
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”