Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Need some help from yours

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Surya Davor

Need some help from yours

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 am

Hello my name is surya davor
    I am from indonesia and i live in australia almost 2 years (so i am so sorry if my grammar looks bad 🤣)
    I have been addicted in gambling over than 3 months i have been touched in gambling is because for the first time i do gamble i won a lot (was play blackjack on that moment)
    That is why i got addicted, i try to come back to do gamble again, but after that i lose, and then i come back to get my money, it lost again and right now i don’t have any money
    Also i have a lot of debt of my brother, my friends, and include my housemate what i need to pay my rent for 2 weeks.
    I don’t in this forum is going to be work or not, if it is work i am really appriciate it who want to help me.

I am a hardworker and i am a trusted person, but i really need you guys to think twice for try to help me. As a replacement if you really want to help me for lend me your money for a weeks, i will notify you my wages every week (and also my timesheet if you want because i don’t mind that) and i try to be promise to pay my debt to you every week (will let you know as well if i can’t pay a week)

I am very open mindfull if you want to explain about your experience of gambling or something else you want me to hit up with.

Once again thank you so much and really appriciate to let me to post my help in here

Kind regards

Surya Davor
    1 x
    pamela

Re: Need some help from yours

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:37 am

Hello and welcome.. sorry you are in trouble ..but this site is not for giving/ lending money..I understand your predicament but we can only offer moral support..perhaps seek the advice of a financial counsellor
    Good luck
    0 x
    Surya Davor

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Thanks for that
    Where i can find a financial counselling?
    0 x
    pamela

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I would contact Relationships Australia ..or ring a gambling help line..they might be able to help
    0 x
    Surya Davor

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Allright thanks a lot, notify me please
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:56 am

Hello @Surya Davor

Its Calvin, I'm one of the facilitators here on the forums.
    I understand right now things have been quite difficult for you.
    The forums is a space where you can share your thoughts and experiences and to recieve some support/advice from other members who may have similar experiences to yourself. Unfortunatly the forums isn't a place to obtain money from anyone.
    As @pamela has suggested, you can seek out a financial counsellor by calling the helpline on 1800 858 858

Financial counsellors can give you some advice and guidance on managing debts etc. Also seeing a gambling counsellor can be quite helpful.

Kind regards,

Calvin.
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”