Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • My tale of stupidity and shame

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    pamela

Re: My tale of stupidity and shame

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am

Hey Jamus.dont focus on the negative..188 days is fantastic..pick yourself up..dust yourself off and continue on your journey
    3 x
    FamilyFirst

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi @Jamus, firstly I'd like to say hello and secondly well done for going the 188 days gamble free. Most of us have slipped up on our way to quitting. I lasted 6 months GF on my first attempt, then continued gambling again for 2 or 3 years....Doh..
    Just remember how crap it makes you feel and aim not to do it to yourself again. You have shown that you have great willpower, treat it as a lesson in letting your guard down and re-arm yourself with your tools of distraction :cool:

Cheers, Lee
    1 x
    Jamus

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi guys
    I'm still around, just thought I would check in, I haven't gambled again, just the one slip up, which I'm still ashamed of. I've wanted to go gambling plenty if times but luckily have had the will power not to.

All the best
    Jamus
    4 x
    pamela

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 am

Hi James.. well done on resisting the urge..everyday gets a bit easier..keep strong and keep fighting..this is the one win you want
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Good on you @Jamus
    Great to hear you are still doing well, you should be really proud of yourself!
    Well done, thanks a bunch for the inspiration.
    1 x

Return to “The Courtyard”