Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience, friends and family. It's a great place to make friends and connect with peers, keep track of your recovery efforts, be inspired and motivated by others, be liberated, share your strategies and help others.

SPECIAL EVENT on now - Q&A with Dr Jane Oakes on connection between alcohol and gambling.

My Last Day One

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
How the F did I get here

Re: My Last Day One

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Hey JC,

Well done. Keep it up.
I'm also on day 29.
Last gamble was a couple days before new year, but decided to start counting from 1st 2019! Because 2019 is going to be my year of change. No cigarettes either. More than the gambling, I just pray I've stopped in time.

Keep up the strength 💪
3 x
BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am

Jc wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Some tips for me
- self forgiveness
- a day at a time
- not peruse the betting websites just to ‘look at odds’ as that triggers me
- cut back on sports as that, unfortunately is a trigger for me.
- read more
Hey @Jc these are some really powerful tips, especially self-forgiveness. I wondered how you would feel if I added them to the resource we're working on - a list of out community's strategies. I think they could really help others.

Just let me know.
1 x
Jc

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Sure thing go ahead.

I will post a long update soon.

Suffice to say, I’ve caved - nothing ruining, but a lapse is a lapse even if it’s $10...

I just don’t have that same determination as last year....

I will be on here more often
1 x
Cazza

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:50 am

Hope you are keeping well jc.
Scary when you realize how quick that itch can come back, but it doesn't mean you have to keep scratching it.
I found instead of counting days i counted the weeks, still fleetingly thought about it but it fades faster these days. Keep going jc
2 x
sparkling

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Hey JC
I seen you posted a reply to me way back last year.. i am a sports fanatic too. I grew up obsessed with sport playing two sports a week for as long as I remember.. It doesnt affect me as you though.. I used to work for a betting company in the sports section so as I seen so many bets on stupid sports and markets I just dont get the high off it anymore.. i love an occasional try scorer but yeh no thrill.. I love horses though.. i could spend so much on them. Dogs harness as well.. i love every minute.. at times id bet everyday. Even if it was $7 for $1 bets to see how much i could make and then yeh id take ot out but end up losing again.. i did ths right thing THOUGH and self excluded from most sites.. kills me i love horse racing but i had to do it. Im lucky i have a young son so can't just head down the pub if i feel like it. So therefor my thing is pokies at the moment.. i fucking hate them. They ***** ur life. They relase highs in your brain and u may be able to fight it for a while but then u crack.. im not going to this time though. I dont care if im out with people they want to do it or they tell me about a win its too bad.. i just have to cold turkey them fully.. hope to see ur journey good luck. Im shitting myself but it can be done..
1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”