Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • My Last Day One

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    How the F did I get here

Re: My Last Day One

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Hey JC,

Well done. Keep it up.
    I'm also on day 29.
    Last gamble was a couple days before new year, but decided to start counting from 1st 2019! Because 2019 is going to be my year of change. No cigarettes either. More than the gambling, I just pray I've stopped in time.

Keep up the strength 💪
    3 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am

Jc wrote:
    Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Some tips for me
    - self forgiveness
    - a day at a time
    - not peruse the betting websites just to ‘look at odds’ as that triggers me
    - cut back on sports as that, unfortunately is a trigger for me.
    - read more
    Hey @Jc these are some really powerful tips, especially self-forgiveness. I wondered how you would feel if I added them to the resource we're working on - a list of out community's strategies. I think they could really help others.

Just let me know.
    1 x
    Jc

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Sure thing go ahead.

I will post a long update soon.

Suffice to say, I’ve caved - nothing ruining, but a lapse is a lapse even if it’s $10...

I just don’t have that same determination as last year....

I will be on here more often
    1 x
    Cazza

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:50 am

Hope you are keeping well jc.
    Scary when you realize how quick that itch can come back, but it doesn't mean you have to keep scratching it.
    I found instead of counting days i counted the weeks, still fleetingly thought about it but it fades faster these days. Keep going jc
    2 x
    sparkling

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Hey JC
    I seen you posted a reply to me way back last year.. i am a sports fanatic too. I grew up obsessed with sport playing two sports a week for as long as I remember.. It doesnt affect me as you though.. I used to work for a betting company in the sports section so as I seen so many bets on stupid sports and markets I just dont get the high off it anymore.. i love an occasional try scorer but yeh no thrill.. I love horses though.. i could spend so much on them. Dogs harness as well.. i love every minute.. at times id bet everyday. Even if it was $7 for $1 bets to see how much i could make and then yeh id take ot out but end up losing again.. i did ths right thing THOUGH and self excluded from most sites.. kills me i love horse racing but i had to do it. Im lucky i have a young son so can't just head down the pub if i feel like it. So therefor my thing is pokies at the moment.. i fucking hate them. They ***** ur life. They relase highs in your brain and u may be able to fight it for a while but then u crack.. im not going to this time though. I dont care if im out with people they want to do it or they tell me about a win its too bad.. i just have to cold turkey them fully.. hope to see ur journey good luck. Im shitting myself but it can be done..
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”