Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • Day One

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    shaun1

Day One

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:52 am

So Today will be day one trying to stay gamble free, i get paid later today (Wednesday) and im making sure 90% of it all goes on too bills and 10% left over just for food and nothing else, not gambling at all...

This time i have a friend im confiding a lot into and is helping me a long the way... im not really sure how to go about getting a sense of what money is.. like $800 too me is nothing i would gamble that in a night if i ever had it, and to some people that a huge amount of money...it has no value to me, im one of those people that would hate to spend $50 on a t-shirt but have 0 problem putting $500 into a poker machine for 2 hours of fun and have nothing left for the week and i dont want to be that person anymore

So im starting day one today and hoping i can make :)
    0 x
    Jerry (facilitator)

Re: Day One

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi Shaun,

Welcome back to the forum, and welcome back to working towards a gambling free life.
    0 x
    Jeddie

Re: Day One

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi Shaun, I just read this post and wondered how you were going?
    0 x
    IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
    George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”