Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • can I see the light

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Suzy1

Re: can I see the light

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Pam you're amazing:) well done on your progress and thank you for your input into my recovery , happy new year :)
    0 x
    pamela

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Thanks Suzy..I really appreciate all the support I have got here it means a lot to me.I have been inspired by peoples stories and that in iself makes me nevet want to gamble again.Suzy you have done a great job and always offer good advice and encouragement.I never thought I would evet stop gambling but I havent played for a long time now and I owe a lot of people for helping me..lets keep saying no
    0 x
    pamela

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:19 am

Today it is 164 days that I have not fed a pokie machine and it feels great.I feel I have stopped living a lie and am living honestly for once.I go to sleep and wake up without pokies being the focus of my attention and it feels good.I still have thoughts about them but not urges. It is hard to begin with but I really appreciate the support I have got from this forum.So lets keep saying no to pokies.I will not feed a machine today
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Well I have to got to 6 months pokie free today and feel really good about it.I still have a few urges but nothing I can't control and they don't last long..I never thought I would make it this far and I owe a lot to the people on this forum who have offered help and support..still a long way to go but no pokies for me today
    0 x
    Elouisa

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Oh well done Pamela! Great stuff!
    You have never wavered or weakened and your strength is to be admired.
    Thanks for posting and sharing along the way with us.
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks Kristine for your kind words
    0 x
    pamela

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 pm

The last few days have really tested me..but..I have resisted the urge to gamble..normally I would have fled to the pokies for solace..but I stayed away..I didnt really WANT to gamble.it was just what I did..so I guess we really can cope with stress without playing the pokies..no pokies today..
    0 x
    Suzy1

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Pam that's great, I get like that when life's stressing me and my brain thinks of pokies but I'm far enough away from it now that I know I can control it. I think each time I go through it I get stronger. I actually dreamt I played the other night and felt so sorry I'd have to get on here and confess! Isn't it wonderful to be counting in months now:) all the best
    0 x
    SW1

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Well done Pamela,
    Its great how successful you have been in fighting this. .please keep posting your story and show some of us that it can be done!!
    0 x
    pamela

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Thankyou for your kind words ..I actually went to a gaming venue today with my counsellor and felt nothing..all I felt was pity for those unhappy people sitting there feeding those machines..The music annoyed me and the sound of the coins ..I can honestly say I felt nothing but revulsion..lets hope it stays that way..I felt it was a huge step today
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”