Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • Road to recovery 2

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    pamela

Re: Road to recovery 2

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:25 am

You sound very positive and that is heartening.They say there is life after gambling so lets hope there is.
    0 x
    Keeton

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

There sure is and i'm loving it very much. Took me a while but I got there which is what I was fighting for. I thought it would never end but it has and it feels way better than gambling.

No gambling today and i didn't even think about doing it at all. Got my car serviced today which is great because I had the money saved up from not gambling. I've also got some new goals to look forward to such as new console for myself and new games to play. awesome. I know and believe that I can do it.

Keep up the fight because I have shown that life does come back when gambling goes away.

Hope your day was great but if not never mind because tommorrow is a new day,

Be positive and remember that i'm here for anyone if they need some support.

Best wishes

Keeton
    0 x
    pamela

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Wow Keeton..you have a great attitude atvthe moment..what a difference it makes when we arent obsessing over gambling..I am really happy for you
    0 x
    GameChanger (facilitator)

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:25 pm

keeton, you're a real inspiration to the forum community. keep up the great work and appreciate you offering your support to others!
    0 x
    Keeton

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Well here i am. finally after so long i have been given the real me back. I am just enjoying life at the moment. I guess the real me was still there I was just dormant inside waiting to come back out. I realised that I have a deep forgiveness in myself for my mistakes and that It doesn't mean i'm a bad person. I just got addicted to gambling. I do not like gambling anymore and I don't think I ever will. It is terrible that gambling can do that to people and destroy lives. I am just being myself and doing what feels natural to me. I have lost interest in gambling. Instead i have descovered who I am and that life is worth living because there is so much piossiblity in the world. Gambling put me into maximum security prison and I have been finally released from its hold on me. No longer will I try to get money from gambling. I will do it by any means neccessary but I know that gambling will never be the answer. While they can put big flashly screen on those machines. I will do what has to be done to not go back to them. I wasn't gambling before I was legal so now I am positive I will not go back. Gambling should be terminated because there are no positive outcomes from doing it.

NOw that that part of my life is over I am a better person I have ever been because I had a life experience that made me stronger.

Tomorrow is a new day but I won't be gambling it.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Keeton
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 am

Keeto it is great reading about your success and it inspires me..I love not having that feeling of desolation after I gambled everything..It is nice being able to buy things and to have some money in the bank..I have a long qay to go financially but as long as I do not feed those machines I can work through the debts..lets keep supporting each other
    0 x
    Keeton

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Yes i am at peace at last with myself and with life in general. I am also finding that every aspect of my life has improved because i'm not focused on gambling. I thought it would never end but finally I can enjoy life. Now I don't take life for granted and live each day like tomorrow doesn't come. Its good to hear your doing ok and your right it is a good feeling to not dread over gambling. I don't want to feel that anymore.
    0 x
    Charlotte (facilitator)

Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi Keeton,

It's great to hear that you're getting back to the real you. It sounds like a liberating experience, one that brings with it renewed calm and enjoyment of life.
    Good on you :)

Charlotte
    0 x
    Nancy

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Good to know that you already recovered.
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”