Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • Enough is enough

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    Anthony

Enough is enough

Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi im Anthony and im at a point where i have to stop gambling...i have wasted 8k just this week alone and im determined to stop..i have so many goals and dreams that are just going down the toilet if i dont stop..i guess you could say writing this is my first step..i have no idea how im going to stop but im very determined
    0 x
    SW1

Re: Enough is enough

Sun May 03, 2015 8:47 pm

G'day Anthony,

Welcome to the forum. You are right, posting in here is a first and positive step!

I gambled for a long time and it has had very severe consequences in my life.

Posting in these forums, reading others stories and seeking help from therapists etc, is helping me stay away from gambling.
    These may not all be what you want or need, but please know, there are a lot of avenues for help. And this forum is a community of people who understand and experience the desire to stop gambling
    0 x
    Charlotte (facilitator)

Mon May 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Anthony,
    welcome to the forum, and good on you for taking the step to come here and share what's going on for you. it sounds like gambling has led to a lot of money loss.... and I'm going to guess, other losses too? This is a great place to share your journey and to hear about how other people are managing to tackle the gambling problem. I hope you find it a warm and supportive environment.
    And if you want to talk to someone about it all, you can contact Gambler's Helpline (24/7), 1800 858 858.

keep us posted :)
    Charlotte
    0 x
    Cristy

Wed May 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi anthony how are u? Its a big money that u lost last week same as me I cant controlled my urges to play coz I want to chasef loses. My gambling is upside down. Its hard to controlled gambling only ourself can control our mind. We need to have strong determination to stop gambling. Those big amount we fed to the machine we can used the money in many things. I joined here since two months its very helpful and its enlighten your mind. We can stop gambling bit by bit until we realised that its over. Hope that we can do it not only by words but by action. Have a nice day.
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”