Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 Day Challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Chandyyy99

Re: 100 Day Challenge

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:32 pm

Hey @Lovely Cat Lady

Another one that I have found that is working for me and what I have discussed with the counsellor involves writing down what I would do with the money instead of gambling. So the other day I had a bit of an urge, but instead of gambling it I wrote down all the things I could do with the money and that has been very effective for me.
    The one about the video I suggested earlier in the thread has also been working great.
    Hope everyone else is well :)
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm

hey @Chandyyy99 I just wanted to pop in and see how you're travelling! You're a quarter of the way through your 100 day challenge! How does it feel? :o
    1 x
    Chandyyy99

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:21 am

Hey @Printemps
    Had a nice father's day yesterday with the family and went out for a nice brunch with Dad!
    It is actually going incredibly quickly and as the days pass the urges are getting slimmer and slimmer. Need to be very careful about complacency as I do not want to slip back into old habits. I have been kept very busy with work and university, and do have holidays coming up soon so will be nice to recharge.
    Started to save some money for a holiday, just unsure where yet. All good on my end so far!

How are you going?
    2 x
    Chandyyy99

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:10 pm

Hey guys!

Sorry I have been very inactive lately, university has been killing me with assignments and now exams coming up. I have found some very good podcasts that I have been listening too about stopping gambling and happy to share if anyone would like?
    Day 41/100 for me now, time is flying by and I am almost at the halfway mark.
    Hope you are all having a nice weekend!
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Hey @Chandyyy99,
    No worries. :o Good luck with your assignments and exams! Sounds really good, what podcasts are they? I'm sure many will find them useful too. :);
    Wow, congrats on reaching Day 42 today!!!! Its definitely flying by. Well done on getting almost halfway through! :cool:
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:02 am

Hi @Chandyyy99,
    Just wanted to check-in with you and ask how you went with your assignments and exams? Hopefully, you're done with that or near being done. :);
    You've already passed the halfway mark. Day 58/100 today, way to go!
    Hope all is going well with you.
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Chandyyy99

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady

They are coming up very soon in a couple weeks. Also my birthday coming up so I am very excited for that!!. The days are flying by and I cannot believe I am more than halfway through :)
    Yes everything is going well just been a little inactive due to how busy I am. Will try to update a little more regularly on my way to 100!!
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:11 pm

hey @Chandyyy99 I just wanted to check in and see how you're travelling!

You've just hit 75 days of your 100 Day Challenge! How does that feel?
    0 x
    Chandyyy99

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Hey @Printemps

So sorry I have not been active very much I am currently on prac and am absolutely flat out. To be totally honest the temptation hasn't crossed my mine now for at least 20+ days. I feel keeping myself very busy between that and work is the key factor for it. Still limiting access to my money has also been another massive one :). Almost at the magical 100!!
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:23 am

@Chandyyy99 That's so fantastic to hear! They sound like fantastic techniques to keep those urges at bay! Keep on the good work!
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”