Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 3 things to look forward to

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: 3 things to look forward to

Sun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Hey @Anita44,

Your partner sounds like a very wise person, and a very positive influence in your life. That makes two of us working today, LOL. :D But yes, working is definitely a great way to keep your mind off other things. :cool:
    0 x
    yep123

Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi @Anita44 ,

Definitely planning trips is great, to try and focus on not spending the money on gambling.
    You’re very lucky you have support with your husband. I am on my own,!however I have called the hotline a bit and have booked in counselling sessions.

I work a lot so keeping busy is good to distract the brain. However I got some time of coming soon, a little worried about that, not so much gambling as i have put things in place like Gamban and removal of cards. I am more worried about the mind, slipping me into a dark depression. But I’ll try and not let that happen.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi lovely cat lady yes cos he so good to me that why I want to change my life to a person person, well I am a good person LOL just have finger problem that all LOL.
    Now I just want to proof to myself that I can win this addition.

Hi yep123 I know it's hard when you have time off work. What why I choose to work for now, but I do treat myself by buying new cloth etc , everyday I drive to work I have to drive pass so many club n pub they call advertising open until 4am in the morning, as addiction like me, I was thinking why the ***** that government allow to open that time in the mornings ( sorry for my language guy) and they are everywhere at the Gold Coast.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi lovely cat lady yes cos he so good to me that why I want to change my life to a person I love, well I am a good person LOL just have finger problem that all LOL.
    Now I just want to proof to myself that I can win this addition.

Hi yep123 I know it's hard when you have time off work. What why I choose to work for now, but I do treat myself by buying new cloth etc , everyday I drive to work I have to drive pass so many club n pub they call advertising open until 4am in the morning, as addiction like me, I was thinking why the ***** that government allow to open that time in the mornings ( sorry for my language guy) and they are everywhere at the Gold Coast.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:40 pm

okay everyone! it's the time of the week where we share the 3 things we're looking forward to!

I'm in Victoria so one thing I'm looking forward to is the end of lock down, so I can see my family who live regionally.

I'm looking forward to a nice sunny day so I can go for a walk with my friend!

I'm looking forward to buying some flowers for my room because they make me happy! I know that's a bit sappy, but plants make me really happy!

@Jimap @Anita44 @Menz199 @Kevcollingwood @Ali1 @loraineie69 @KAG @Lovely Cat Lady @yep123

What are you guys looking forward to at the moment? I'd love to hear anything, no matter how big or small :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi printemps I look forward

We going away next weekend to north stradbroke Island.

I hope to get some of my garden done this week .

I look forward to save some money after next 2 week .
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 pm

@Printemps I look forward too:

Next 24 hrs gamble free

Everyone with the addiction to signup here and start 100 days gamble free

A government to say enough is enough, no you can’t have any more pokies, TAB or keno licences
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:28 pm

hello everyone! It's saturday, so we're back thinking of 3 things to look forward ro!

Remember these can be short term or long term goals, occasions, catch ups! Anything that you're looking forward to

I'm looking forward to starting back at uni this week and meeting new people in classes

I'm excited to have some good weather and be able to go for some runs! I really need to get back into exercise, a good routine is so important

Seeing my dad for his birthday. We weren't able to see each other last year so I'm really looking forward to being able to spend some quality time with him!

@KAG @Anita44 @Kevcollingwood @Squeaky @yep123 @Jimap @ervgorh @JinxyWolf @pamela @loraineie69 @Menz199 @Lovely Cat Lady what are you guys looking forward to?
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi everyone
    Three things I look forward to is

I will start saving some money from next week.

I start play badminton next Saturday and will go for a walk in the morning.

Maybe more shopping during the week cos the sale it's still on.
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:57 am

3 things I look forward too:

On a fishing charter in a couple of weeks

Spend time with my daughter in August

A gamble free lead up to Christmas, for 40+ years I have thought more of gambling than people
    2 x

Return to “Community Space”