Lets start a list of strategies you can use when your struggling with gambling urges!
I'll get the list started:
- Do an activity (E.g. go for a walk, play a game, do some gardening
- Have a shower or get some fresh air
- Call someone for support (E.g. a friend, or Gamblers Help)
- Avoid hearing about gambling (E.g. leave that Facebook group or group chat about the odds)
- Think about why you're having that gambling urge and meet that need (E.g. I'm feeling lonely, I'll call a friend)
Would love to hear ideas from everyone here on the forum to get a big list going, so we can go back to it when we're having a hard time!