Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • AMB Day 1. Time to change

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    AMB

AMB Day 1. Time to change

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:56 am

Hi...today is day 1 for me. I’ve tried to stop gambling before but never used this forum. Addiction is something you want to hide from everyone so I’m opening up to you.
    Pokies are my addiction...it used to be going to a venue and then that stopped which was great. Then it became online pokies which was even more of a problem. Physically not feeling the money being lost makes it so much easier to spend.
    I have money...I don’t need to gamble to make it but through loneliness, boredom, trying to make more money has made me lose a whole lot more and I’m worried that the savings I have will disappear so easily if I don’t stop and make a change today.
    For me I have to go cold turkey. Limiting bets just gets me started and then I can’t stop.
    So here is to day 1 of 100 days and hopefully day 1 to not gambling again.
    2 x
    sherpa09 (facilitator)

Re: AMB Day 1. Time to change

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi AMB,

Its Sherpa09 here, (one of the moderators on the forum), welcome! You've made a great step by joining the forum, where you'll be able to connect with other strong and resilient people in their recovery journey. There can be many emotions which come up at the beginning of the 100 day challenge, so its important to know who your supports are and strategies which can assist you in moving forward. Here is some self - help information to get started > https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/t ... /self-help.

Well done on getting in touch with the gamblers help online forum and very much look forward to your future posts.

Regards,

Sherpa09.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”