Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Election

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Bull

Election

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 pm

So I see that all of the gambling powerbrokers are putting 90% of their donations into Tony Abbot.

I really hate the backstabber, but I think I'm going to go with Gillard come September...
    0 x
    BriM

RE: Election

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 am

Bull (6/02/2013)So I see that all of the gambling powerbrokers are putting 90% of their donations into Tony Abbot.

I really hate the backstabber, but I think I'm going to go with Gillard come September...
    C'mon Bull! Was there ever even a choice?
    0 x
    Bull

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am

It's pathetic. The government is making money off the disadvantaged and those with a mental illness.

How the hell is this morally possible?

After the events of 2009 I have no faith in Australian politics. There's a backstabber in charge and the only suitable alternative is someone being heavily backed by gambling syndicates.

So pissed off right now!
    0 x
    Stephen M

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes it's clear that neither of the major parties are willing to take a stand on gambling as a social issue.

Unfortunately this leaves those of us affected by gambling problems to deal with the damage. It's so unfair and infuriating.

The smaller parties and independents have had little influence. Julia Gillard was willing to do a 180 on the promise she made to Andrew Wilkie about mandatory pre-committment. Now the Greens have taken a stand and removed their support from Labor but I don't know how much good they can do about problems with the gambling industry.

T
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”