Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • June Update

Announcements from the Gambling Help Online facilitation team, including monthly run-downs.
    BrittV (facilitator)

June Update

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am

Hi all,

Welcome to the community rundown for June 2019!

Happy mid-year all :) This marks a great time for fresh starts, new goals and also reflection. You might find our blog about setting goals and sticking to them helpful at this time. :);
    If you haven't updated us in a while, or you haven't started a thread for yourself, why not do so now?

New contributors
    A big warm welcome to this month's new contributors.
    @mrpokie, @User5ba345a9ae3c6, @Jessleila, @WorriedMum, @ACP, @jessica, @Bowsoocles, @dumbsmartguy, @Koala787, @Laydar, @Pokiestress, @Budstah, @nevergiveup, @Milnert99, @Icandoit, @Cath63, @Agent79, @LilNoob
    Amazing to see such a big group joining us here - there's never been a more perfect time to connect, inspire and support one another making change. There's no shame here.

Some inspiring quotes from the community
    "I am proud of my recovery and everyone here who is trying to stop.. be proud of what you are doing. Accept set backs.. but keep forging ahead.. you will become the victor." - pamela.
    "So my advice to you is tell someone. Don't be on your own because no matter how strong you and determined you are, you'll still need support." - @Icandoit

Popular new threads this month Spotlight - More ways to help yourself
    Take our gambling self-assessment to see where you are now and make informed choices about your options for change. The assessment is reliable and standardised, based on research and will give you suggestions for actions suitable for you.

Have a great month! Take care :)
    BrittV
    3 x
    Icandoit

Re: June Update

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:12 pm

My heart was bleeding when I was replying to his post trying to lift him up. My marriage was put on break on that day and i had a terrible relapse where I ended up using our life's savings. But I don't believe in giving up. We all need help. We all need support. We can listen to each other's stories and try to calm each other down. Support each other emotionally. All these things are only possible because we have a wonderful platform here, this website. I appreciate the effort you guys put into this. May we all heal. May we all get rid of this nasty disease. Love
    2 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: June Update

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 am

Such a fantastic attitude @Icandoit, I'm sure your support is very appreciated by many.
    I'm so glad to hear you find this platform helpful, it's our pleasure :o
    2 x

Return to “From the Team”