Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Back here to do 100 days.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    flipper (facilitator)

Re: Back here to do 100 days.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 am

Good to hear @@M_4567!

How have things been since you stopped gambling?

- Flipper
    0 x
    M_4567

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am

Update: Still going strong. No urges. No care or thoughts about gambling. Spending money on experiences. Still a bit frustrated about losing so much money, when it could have paid for other stuff, can't change the past. Just the present. It is okay to be frustrated, a relapse is disappointing, but I am pretty aware in how I let it happen and what I need to do differently in the future.

I feel like my usual self. I have been gamble free for a long time, just relapsed pretty hard. So my goal here is not to gamble at all, and monitoring it here might just be a way to help me get to the end of the year without a bet since this thread was created...
    2 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi @M_4567

Congratulations! Really happy to read that your sense of your old self is returning.

Regret about the losses helps fuel your determination.

One day at a time.

Regards
    dragon007
    1 x
    M_4567

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Streak is still live. No urges. No thoughts. After this 100 day streak is complete I might check in less to round out the year.
    2 x
    M_4567

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am

No gambling. In 2 weeks the 100 days will be up which is a good outcome.
    1 x
    TimTam

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:59 am

That's fantastic @M_4567 !!
    What is the next goal after the 100 days?
    0 x
    M_4567

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:13 am

100 days complete without gambling.
    Probably at a stage where I don't need to post here any more. Hopefully, I never need to return to the forum, but you never know, the mind has a sneaky way of justifying past vices.
    I will start afresh 100 days and mark it in my calendar.
    3 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:12 am

Hey,

If you are still checking in on this forum from time to time!
    Well freaking done on your massive achievement of 100 days! Absolute legend!

I can just imagine the pride in yourself you have gained by reaching your goal.
    I hope you are still smashing it outside of posting on the forum!

Good luck and keep fighting!

👊👍🙂
    0 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:26 am

@BrittV (facilitator)
    Thought I'd just bring your attention to this thread. See this is one of the problems with this forum, old mate here made the 100 milestone and not one post of Congratulations for making it.
    That's the problem a lot of posts go unnoticed.
    Pretty crappy when someone reaches 100 and no one around to celebrate the success.

You guys do a great job moderating and interacting etc, so I'm not bagging the work you and your team do, but quite frankly the whole forum needs an overhaul in how it works and the functions.
    I'm not very tech savvy but I definitely know the forum could be so much better then how the page is currently designed.

I'm not a complainer but when I do come back here and start interacting more I get quite passionate about everyone's journey on here to give up gambling. So please don't take what I've said the wrong way.

Also just in the time I've been on tonight 2 new first time posters.
    And meant to say previously the other night I was on there was 18 guests online, seems a big number.
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks for your feedback @How the F did I get here

It certainly is unfortunate which milestones go unrecognised - so a big shout out to M_4567 for this great achievement!!

The aim of this forum is for people to connect with one another and support one another. As facilitators we work to encourage this and to look out for safety concerns, but really the beauty is about peers writing to one another, so we try not to overpower the community.
    We make efforts to promote the forums (it's working - our numbers are growing as you noted, make them as easy to use as possible, and as valuable for people as possible. However it's up to people whether posting/replying to others is something that's right for them at the time.

We're always up for feedback and would love to hear your ideas. To ensure we don't take over M_4567's thread here, you're welcome to use the feedback section of the forum or send a private message to @TheTeam.
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”